- 1 How long does it take to get good at double bass?
- 2 What is the fastest double bass drum pedal?
- 3 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 4 How expensive is a double bass?
- 5 How do you speed up a bass drum?
- 6 What is the best double bass pedal?
- 7 Who is the best double bass drummer?
- 8 Who was the first drummer to use double bass?
- 9 Should I buy a double kick pedal?
- 10 What drummers use double bass?
- 11 When should I get a double bass pedal?
How long does it take to get good at double bass?
If you practice enough I’d say you’d get used to moving around an upright and getting the right feel for it in about 6 weeks or 2 months. But like lowend said, get a teacher, it’ll make the transition much easier.
What is the fastest double bass drum pedal?
6 Best Double Bass Pedals for 2021
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners.
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers.
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features.
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
How expensive is a double bass?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
How do you speed up a bass drum?
5 Simple Ways to Boost Your Bass Drum Technique
- Use a Metronome. This is without a doubt the most important point on this list.
- Technique. There are two basic ways to play the bass drum: heel up and heel down.
- Coordination. Coordination refers to the fluid relationship between the bass drum foot and the rest of your limbs.
What is the best double bass pedal?
View The Best Double Bass Pedal Below
- Pearl P932 Demonator. Check Amazon Price.
- DW 9000. Check Amazon Price.
- TAMA Iron Cobra 200. Check Amazon Price.
- Pearl P3002D Eliminator Demon Drive. Check Amazon Price.
- Drum Workshop Inc. DWCP3002.
- Pearl P2052C Eliminator.
- Tama HP600DTW Iron Cobra 600.
- Mapex Armory Series P800TW.
Who is the best double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
Who was the first drummer to use double bass?
The first person to use and popularize the double bass drum setup was jazz drummer Louie Bellson, who came up with the idea when he was still in high school.
Should I buy a double kick pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
What drummers use double bass?
A Short History of Double Bass Legends
- Louis Bellson was one of the first drummers to add a second bass drum to his setup.
- Ginger Baker added a new level of heaviness and ferocity to the double bass vocabulary.
- Neil Peart was among a new generation of rock drummers.
- OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA.
When should I get a double bass pedal?
It depends on how heavy of a metal sound your punk band is looking to go. If they want to do machine gun blast beats then you’ll need a double pedal. If not it’s still possible to get a metal sound with a single pedal.