- 1 How much is a good upright bass?
- 2 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 3 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 4 What is the cheapest double bass?
- 5 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 6 What should I look for when buying a bass?
- 7 What’s a good first bass?
- 8 How much should I spend on a beginner bass?
- 9 How much should I spend on my first bass?
- 10 How much is a beginner double bass?
- 11 What size double bass should I get?
- 12 What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 13 What is the cheapest upright bass?
- 14 Why is it called a double bass?
- 15 What is the best upright bass?
How much is a good upright bass?
How Much Should a String Bass Cost? A student bass will cost roughly $1,800-$3,000. An intermediate bass will cost $4,000-$10,000 or more.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
What is the cheapest double bass?
12 Best Cheap Double Bass Reviews and the Best Budget Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass Black.
- Palatino VB-004-3/4 Crack Resistant Bass, ¾ Size.
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass.
- Cremona SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass -3/4 Size.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
What should I look for when buying a bass?
What to look for when buying a bass guitar
- What size is it? The scale, or string length, will determine the size of the bass.
- Does the bass stay in tune?
- How’s the action?
- Are the electronics in good condition?
- Are the frets level?
- How thick is the neck width?
What’s a good first bass?
The Squier Bronco is the best beginner’s bass guitar you’ll find, as it comes in a slightly shorter scale length which is ideal for younger learners. The tone and general build quality is also as good as we’ve come to expect from the brand, so for the low price there really isn’t anything much to complain about here.
How much should I spend on a beginner bass?
Beginner basses start at just under $200. The lower your budget, the more important it is for you to try out several basses of the same brand before you settle on one. In the lower price ranges, the quality is inconsistent, even within the same brand.
How much should I spend on my first bass?
Whilst there are many good basses out there, $500 for your first is more than enough. There is no need to spend that sort of money.
How much is a beginner double bass?
Price range: Double basses are relatively expensive and your budget will determine the types of basses you should be considering. The minimum budget for a new instrument, properly set up by a luthier, is approximately 1500 USD.
What size double bass should I get?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
Nothing. They’re all the same instrument just known by different names depending on what style of music they’re being used to play. Double Bass, or just simply Bass, is commonly used in the Classical community. Upright Bass refers to the fact that the thing stands upright.
What is the cheapest upright bass?
These are, in our humble opinion, the 5 best cheap upright basses on the market:
- Cecilio 1/2CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Merano MB100 Full Size String Upright Bass.
- Palatino VE-500 Electric Upright Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-200 3/4 Size Upright Double Bass.
- Rata Beginner Upright Bass, Full Size.
- Setting up a Cheap Double Bass.
Why is it called a double bass?
The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles. This hefty instrument has several nicknames including contrabass, string bass, bass, bass viol, bass fiddle, or bull fiddle.
What is the best upright bass?
Best Upright Basses
- Palatino. The Billy Bass. Top Quality.
- Cremona. SB-3 Premier Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Best for Beginners.
- M. Ravel. 4-String Acoustic Upright Bass.
- Cremona. SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Customer Favorite.
- Palatino. VE-500-BK Electric Upright Bass. Lightweight Yet Solid.