- 1 How do I change clef in Finale Notepad?
- 2 How do you add a bass clef in Finale?
- 3 Where is the clef tool in Finale?
- 4 How do you add a grand staff in Finale?
- 5 How do you select partial measures in Finale?
- 6 What is a tenor clef?
- 7 How do you add more lines in Finale?
- 8 How do you move staff down in finale?
How do I change clef in Finale Notepad?
- Click the Clef Tool.
- Highlight a measure region that begins where you would like to place the clef change. See Selecting Music.
- Double-click the highlighted region (or press Enter). The Change Clef dialog box appears.
- Choose the new clef and click OK.
How do you add a bass clef in Finale?
Finale Quick Tips: One-Click Mid-Measure Clef Changes
- Select the Clef Tool.
- Hold down the number 4 then left-click where you want to place the bass clef in the measure.
Where is the clef tool in Finale?
Press shift and a number key or a letter. Finale displays the Clef Selection dialog box; choose the clef you want to correspond to the number or letter you pressed. Click OK (or press RETURN). Click the Clef tool.
How do you add a grand staff in Finale?
- Click the Staff Tool.. The Staff menu appears and handles appear on every staff.
- To add a new staff, from the Staff menu choose New Staves, then click OK. A staff appears below the existing staves. Or, in Scroll View double-click in the where you want to add the staff.
How do you select partial measures in Finale?
- Selecting a full measure – Click on the staff lines (without clicking on a note) to select a full measure.
- Selecting a partial measure or measure region – Click outside and above the staff and drag diagonally across any measure region ( partial or whole measures ) to select a measure region.
What is a tenor clef?
The tenor clef is another type of “C clef,” however it’s center is on the fourth line from the bottom, so middle C is moved up a third from where it was on the alto clef. Another less common clef, it is used for the upper ranges of the bassoon, cello, euphonium, double bass, and trombone.
How do you add more lines in Finale?
To place a custom line
- Choose the Smart Shape tool. The Smart Shape Palette appears.
- Choose the Custom Line Tool.
- Double-click where you want the line to begin; on the second click, hold the button down and drag diagonally. Release the mouse when the line has the length and angle you want.
How do you move staff down in finale?
Click a staff handle and drag to move the staff in that system only. Measures in that system are selected automatically. Or, once the staff is selected, use the up and DOWN ARROW keys to nudge the staff up and down. Double-click a staff handle and drag to move the staff in all systems.