- 1 When should I get a double bass pedal?
- 2 Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
- 3 How long does it take to get good at double bass?
- 4 Do you need double bass pedal?
- 5 Can you use a double kick pedal as a single?
- 6 Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
- 7 Who is the best drummer alive today?
- 8 Does Neil Peart use double bass?
- 9 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 10 How expensive is a double bass?
When should I get a double bass pedal?
It depends on how heavy of a metal sound your punk band is looking to go. If they want to do machine gun blast beats then you’ll need a double pedal. If not it’s still possible to get a metal sound with a single pedal.
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
How long does it take to get good at double bass?
If you practice enough I’d say you’d get used to moving around an upright and getting the right feel for it in about 6 weeks or 2 months. But like lowend said, get a teacher, it’ll make the transition much easier.
Do you need double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you ‘re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
Can you use a double kick pedal as a single?
Silver Member. You can play a double pedal as a single but you can ‘t play double on a single pedal. There’s your answer.
Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
Drummers put pillows or blankets in their bass drums because it removes the sustained sound certain bass drums have. In genres like rock or metal, the preferred bass drum sound is one that is staccato, or “punchy,” and putting a pillow in the bass drum is a cheap method of achieving such a sound.
Who is the best drummer alive today?
- Aric Improta, Fever 333.
- Rufus Taylor, The Darkness.
- Jon Beavis – IDLES.
- Scott Phillips, Alter Bridge.
- Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters.
- Sebastian Thomson, Baroness.
- Ben Thatcher, Royal Blood.
- Travis Barker, Blink-182.
Does Neil Peart use double bass?
Yes, he uses a DW double pedal.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
How expensive is a double bass?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.