- 1 What size double bass should I get?
- 2 What is the best upright bass?
- 3 What should I look for when buying a bass?
- 4 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 5 How much is a decent double bass?
- 6 How much is a beginner double bass?
- 7 How much does a good upright bass cost?
- 8 What is the best double bass brand?
- 9 Why do they call it a double bass?
- 10 What Bass should a beginner buy?
- 11 How much does a good bass cost?
- 12 How much should I spend on my first bass guitar?
- 13 How much do double bass bows cost?
- 14 What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 15 What is the most expensive double bass in the world?
What size double bass should I get?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
What is the best upright bass?
Best Upright Basses
- Palatino. The Billy Bass. Top Quality.
- Cremona. SB-3 Premier Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Best for Beginners.
- M. Ravel. 4-String Acoustic Upright Bass.
- Cremona. SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Customer Favorite.
- Palatino. VE-500-BK Electric Upright Bass. Lightweight Yet Solid.
What should I look for when buying a bass?
What to look for when buying a bass guitar
- What size is it? The scale, or string length, will determine the size of the bass.
- Does the bass stay in tune?
- How’s the action?
- Are the electronics in good condition?
- Are the frets level?
- How thick is the neck width?
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
How much is a decent double bass?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
How much is a beginner double bass?
Price range: Double basses are relatively expensive and your budget will determine the types of basses you should be considering. The minimum budget for a new instrument, properly set up by a luthier, is approximately 1500 USD.
How much does a good upright bass cost?
In the United States I’d say the current price of a reasonable beginner upright bass bought new would be around $1500USD. Less than that and you risk getting a “ bass shaped object”.
What is the best double bass brand?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio 1/2 CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-W Size 3/4 White Upright Double Bass.
- GRACE 4/4 Size Student Natural Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-BK Size 3/4 Black Upright Double Bass.
Why do they call it a double bass?
The double bass is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra. The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles.
What Bass should a beginner buy?
Best Basses for Beginners
- Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass PJ. This is a beginner bass that would be a welcome addition to any bass collection.
- Fender Mustang PJ Bass.
- Ibanez GSR206 GIO.
- Yamaha TRBX304.
- Epiphone EB-3.
How much does a good bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
How much should I spend on my first bass guitar?
Whilst there are many good basses out there, $500 for your first is more than enough. There is no need to spend that sort of money.
How much do double bass bows cost?
Upright Bass Bows
|Brazilwood with the new Ebontek™ frog!||X||$150|
What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
Nothing. They’re all the same instrument just known by different names depending on what style of music they’re being used to play. Double Bass, or just simply Bass, is commonly used in the Classical community. Upright Bass refers to the fact that the thing stands upright.
What is the most expensive double bass in the world?
Vintage orchestral instruments can be quite expensive. This Thomas Hardie from 1825 is currently on sale for $95,000 USD, down from $115,000 USD.