- 1 How much does a good double bass cost?
- 2 How do I choose a double bass?
- 3 What is the cheapest double bass?
- 4 What is the best upright bass?
- 5 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 6 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 7 How much is a beginner double bass?
- 8 How tall do you have to be to play double bass?
- 9 What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 10 How much is a good upright bass?
- 11 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 12 What is the cheapest upright bass?
- 13 What is the best double bass brand?
- 14 Which is better cello or double bass?
- 15 Why do they call it a double bass?
How much does a good double bass cost?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
How do I choose a double bass?
A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age. A smaller bass will have a shorter string length. So if the child’s hand is small, a smaller size bass would be a better fit. A smaller instrument is MUCH easier to play because of the shorter string length.
What is the cheapest double bass?
12 Best Cheap Double Bass Reviews and the Best Budget Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass Black.
- Palatino VB-004-3/4 Crack Resistant Bass, ¾ Size.
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass.
- Cremona SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass -3/4 Size.
What is the best upright bass?
Best Upright Basses
- Palatino. The Billy Bass. Top Quality.
- Cremona. SB-3 Premier Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Best for Beginners.
- M. Ravel. 4-String Acoustic Upright Bass.
- Cremona. SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Customer Favorite.
- Palatino. VE-500-BK Electric Upright Bass. Lightweight Yet Solid.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
How much is a beginner double bass?
Price range: Double basses are relatively expensive and your budget will determine the types of basses you should be considering. The minimum budget for a new instrument, properly set up by a luthier, is approximately 1500 USD.
How tall do you have to be to play double bass?
You have to be as tall as the bass you ‘ re playing (unless you ‘ re playing upright, in which case, you must be 5’2).
What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
Nothing. They’re all the same instrument just known by different names depending on what style of music they’re being used to play. Double Bass, or just simply Bass, is commonly used in the Classical community. Upright Bass refers to the fact that the thing stands upright.
How much is a good upright bass?
How Much Should a String Bass Cost? A student bass will cost roughly $1,800-$3,000. An intermediate bass will cost $4,000-$10,000 or more.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
What is the cheapest upright bass?
These are, in our humble opinion, the 5 best cheap upright basses on the market:
- Cecilio 1/2CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Merano MB100 Full Size String Upright Bass.
- Palatino VE-500 Electric Upright Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-200 3/4 Size Upright Double Bass.
- Rata Beginner Upright Bass, Full Size.
- Setting up a Cheap Double Bass.
What is the best double bass brand?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio 1/2 CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-W Size 3/4 White Upright Double Bass.
- GRACE 4/4 Size Student Natural Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-BK Size 3/4 Black Upright Double Bass.
Which is better cello or double bass?
The cello, known as an instrument with a tenor voice, has a deeper and richer tone than both the violin and the viola. Due to its extra octave range, the double bass is capable of producing a deeper sound that the cello is just not capable of producing.
Why do they call it a double bass?
The double bass is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra. The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles.