- 1 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 2 How much is a cheap double bass?
- 3 How much should I spend on an upright bass?
- 4 How much does a beginner double bass cost?
- 5 What is the most expensive double bass in the world?
- 6 What size double bass should I get?
- 7 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 8 Who is the best double bass player?
- 9 What is the best upright bass?
- 10 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 11 What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 12 How big is a full size double bass?
- 13 What does a double bass sound like?
- 14 What’s the difference between a bass and a cello?
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
How much is a cheap double bass?
Choosing the Best Cheap Double Basses The price of a double bass can range between $1000 to $3000.
How much should I spend on an upright bass?
In the United States I’d say the current price of a reasonable beginner upright bass bought new would be around $1500USD. Less than that and you risk getting a “ bass shaped object”.
How much does a beginner double bass cost?
$1500-$3000 These instruments are a fantastic way to start your musical journey (especially if purchased from a reputable music store!) At this price, you’re looking at an entry-level or beginner instrument that is typically factory-made in China.
What is the most expensive double bass in the world?
Vintage orchestral instruments can be quite expensive. This Thomas Hardie from 1825 is currently on sale for $95,000 USD, down from $115,000 USD.
What size double bass should I get?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
Who is the best double bass player?
Double Bass Artists
- Charles Mingus. 767,479 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Marc Johnson. 49,240 listeners.
- Ray Brown. 38,342 listeners.
- Charlie Haden. 111,904 listeners.
- Edgar Meyer. 70,225 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Paul Chambers. 46,744 listeners.
What is the best upright bass?
Best Upright Basses
- Palatino. The Billy Bass. Top Quality.
- Cremona. SB-3 Premier Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Best for Beginners.
- M. Ravel. 4-String Acoustic Upright Bass.
- Cremona. SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Customer Favorite.
- Palatino. VE-500-BK Electric Upright Bass. Lightweight Yet Solid.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
Nothing. They’re all the same instrument just known by different names depending on what style of music they’re being used to play. Double Bass, or just simply Bass, is commonly used in the Classical community. Upright Bass refers to the fact that the thing stands upright.
How big is a full size double bass?
The double bass stands around 180 cm (6 feet) from scroll to endpin. However, other sizes are available, such as a 1⁄2 or 3⁄4, which serve to accommodate a player’s height and hand size.
What does a double bass sound like?
Heavy, weighty, dark, weightless, wafting, somber, earthy, resonant, rasping, broad, hollow, dull, mighty, menacing, violent, mellow, sustaining, aspirate.
What’s the difference between a bass and a cello?
Cello is played sitting down and in between the players knees, with the end pin stuck in the floor for balance. Bass can be played sitting or standing and it also uses an endpin for balance.