- 1 Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
- 2 How long does it take to learn double bass?
- 3 Who was the first drummer to use double bass?
- 4 Should I get a double bass pedal?
- 5 Who is the best drummer alive today?
- 6 Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
- 7 Does Neil Peart use double bass?
- 8 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 9 How expensive is a double bass?
- 10 Should I learn upright bass?
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
How long does it take to learn double bass?
If you practice enough I’d say you’d get used to moving around an upright and getting the right feel for it in about 6 weeks or 2 months. But like lowend said, get a teacher, it’ll make the transition much easier.
Who was the first drummer to use double bass?
The first person to use and popularize the double bass drum setup was jazz drummer Louie Bellson, who came up with the idea when he was still in high school.
Should I get a double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
Who is the best drummer alive today?
- Aric Improta, Fever 333.
- Rufus Taylor, The Darkness.
- Jon Beavis – IDLES.
- Scott Phillips, Alter Bridge.
- Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters.
- Sebastian Thomson, Baroness.
- Ben Thatcher, Royal Blood.
- Travis Barker, Blink-182.
Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
Drummers put pillows or blankets in their bass drums because it removes the sustained sound certain bass drums have. In genres like rock or metal, the preferred bass drum sound is one that is staccato, or “punchy,” and putting a pillow in the bass drum is a cheap method of achieving such a sound.
Does Neil Peart use double bass?
Yes, he uses a DW double pedal.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
How expensive is a double bass?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
Should I learn upright bass?
The double bass is usually used in a jazz type of setting or a classical setting with a bow. It’s a very good instrument to learn if you’re into more classic music. The Electric bass is quite different you learn different technique and you can choose to pluck or pick the strings.