- 1 Should I use a double bass pedal?
- 2 How does double bass drum pedal work?
- 3 Can you use a double pedal as a single pedal?
- 4 Can you use a double kick pedal as a single?
- 5 Why do drummers use 2 bass drums?
- 6 Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
- 7 How does a double kick pedal work?
- 8 Where do I put my double kick pedals?
- 9 What is the best double bass pedal?
Should I use a double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
How does double bass drum pedal work?
A double bass drum pedal operates much the same way only with a second footplate controlling a second beater on the same drum. Most commonly this is attached by a shaft to a remote beater mechanism alongside the primary pedal mechanism.
Can you use a double pedal as a single pedal?
So you can have a double pedal and dedicate your practice time to both single pedal work and exploring the double pedal. Typically many drummers complain that their left (hihat) foot is weak when they start with the double pedal.
Can you use a double kick pedal as a single?
Silver Member. You can play a double pedal as a single but you can ‘t play double on a single pedal. There’s your answer.
Why do drummers use 2 bass drums?
Dave Lombardo said that he used two drums as it allowed each drum to resonate freely for every stroke made and made playing faster easier. However he plays so fast I don’t know how he can notice! Two bass drums is 99% for show and 1% for people that actually want to use different sizes and achieve different tones.
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
How does a double kick pedal work?
This feat in pedal technology works just like a regular pedal except that a second base plate is attached by a rod to a separate beater mechanism, which operates alongside the primary beater. Like earlier double bass setups, double pedals require both feet to operate.
Where do I put my double kick pedals?
So, how do you set up a drum set with a double bass pedal? The traditional setup is to attach the primary pedal to the bass drum as you would a single pedal and to place the second, slave pedal just to the right of the hi hat stand’s pedal board.
What is the best double bass pedal?
View The Best Double Bass Pedal Below
- Pearl P932 Demonator. Check Amazon Price.
- DW 9000. Check Amazon Price.
- TAMA Iron Cobra 200. Check Amazon Price.
- Pearl P3002D Eliminator Demon Drive. Check Amazon Price.
- Drum Workshop Inc. DWCP3002.
- Pearl P2052C Eliminator.
- Tama HP600DTW Iron Cobra 600.
- Mapex Armory Series P800TW.