- 1 How does a double pedal bass drum work?
- 2 Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
- 3 Should I get a double bass drum pedal?
- 4 How can I increase my double kick speed?
- 5 Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
- 6 Who is the best drummer alive today?
- 7 Does Neil Peart use double bass?
- 8 Where do you hit the bass drum?
How does a double pedal bass drum work?
A double bass drum pedal operates much the same way only with a second footplate controlling a second beater on the same drum. Most commonly this is attached by a shaft to a remote beater mechanism alongside the primary pedal mechanism.
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
Should I get a double bass drum pedal?
Double pedal technique requires a big investment of time to master, If you are a session musician you will possibly use it, but If its not something you require for the music you play then the time could be better used perfecting the style of drumming you like and use. If its something you want to get into then do it.
How can I increase my double kick speed?
- Use the heel-toe technique to practice the above exercise with each foot separately.
- Play a heel stroke for every written “H” and a toe stroke for every written “T”
- Start very slowly and increase your speed only after your control increases.
Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
Drummers put pillows or blankets in their bass drums because it removes the sustained sound certain bass drums have. In genres like rock or metal, the preferred bass drum sound is one that is staccato, or “punchy,” and putting a pillow in the bass drum is a cheap method of achieving such a sound.
Who is the best drummer alive today?
- Aric Improta, Fever 333.
- Rufus Taylor, The Darkness.
- Jon Beavis – IDLES.
- Scott Phillips, Alter Bridge.
- Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters.
- Sebastian Thomson, Baroness.
- Ben Thatcher, Royal Blood.
- Travis Barker, Blink-182.
Does Neil Peart use double bass?
Yes, he uses a DW double pedal.
Where do you hit the bass drum?
So, typically, on an 16-18″ kick, my beater hits above center. On a 20-22″, the beater hits just about in the center. 24-26″, it hits below center.