- 1 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 2 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 3 How much is the most expensive double bass?
- 4 How much does a beginner double bass cost?
- 5 What size double bass should I get?
- 6 How much is a good upright bass?
- 7 What’s a good first bass?
- 8 How much should I spend on a beginner bass?
- 9 What Bass should a beginner buy?
- 10 What is the most expensive instrument?
- 11 How big is a full size double bass?
- 12 What does a double bass sound like?
- 13 What is the cheapest double bass?
- 14 What’s the difference between bass and double bass?
- 15 What is a good upright bass?
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
How much is the most expensive double bass?
One of the most notable sellers of double basses east of the Mississippi, a certain shop in Cincinnati, Ohio, currently has a bass built in Brescia, Italy circa 1580 by Gasparo da Salo. The owner is asking $335,000. In other words, you could buy a fine home in most US cities for the same price as this instrument.
How much does a beginner double bass cost?
$1500-$3000 These instruments are a fantastic way to start your musical journey (especially if purchased from a reputable music store!) At this price, you’re looking at an entry-level or beginner instrument that is typically factory-made in China.
What size double bass should I get?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
How much is a good upright bass?
How Much Should a String Bass Cost? A student bass will cost roughly $1,800-$3,000. An intermediate bass will cost $4,000-$10,000 or more.
What’s a good first bass?
The Squier Bronco is the best beginner’s bass guitar you’ll find, as it comes in a slightly shorter scale length which is ideal for younger learners. The tone and general build quality is also as good as we’ve come to expect from the brand, so for the low price there really isn’t anything much to complain about here.
How much should I spend on a beginner bass?
Beginner basses start at just under $200. The lower your budget, the more important it is for you to try out several basses of the same brand before you settle on one. In the lower price ranges, the quality is inconsistent, even within the same brand.
What Bass should a beginner buy?
Best Basses for Beginners
- Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass PJ. This is a beginner bass that would be a welcome addition to any bass collection.
- Fender Mustang PJ Bass.
- Ibanez GSR206 GIO.
- Yamaha TRBX304.
- Epiphone EB-3.
What is the most expensive instrument?
The MacDonald Stradivarius Viola holds the current title of being the most expensive musical instrument of all time. It has a price tag of a whopping $45 million.
How big is a full size double bass?
The double bass stands around 180 cm (6 feet) from scroll to endpin. However, other sizes are available, such as a 1⁄2 or 3⁄4, which serve to accommodate a player’s height and hand size.
What does a double bass sound like?
Heavy, weighty, dark, weightless, wafting, somber, earthy, resonant, rasping, broad, hollow, dull, mighty, menacing, violent, mellow, sustaining, aspirate.
What is the cheapest double bass?
12 Best Cheap Double Bass Reviews and the Best Budget Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass Black.
- Palatino VB-004-3/4 Crack Resistant Bass, ¾ Size.
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass.
- Cremona SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass -3/4 Size.
What’s the difference between bass and double bass?
They’re all the same instrument just known by different names depending on what style of music they’re being used to play. Double Bass, or just simply Bass, is commonly used in the Classical community. Upright Bass refers to the fact that the thing stands upright.
What is a good upright bass?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio 1/2 CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-W Size 3/4 White Upright Double Bass.
- GRACE 4/4 Size Student Natural Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-BK Size 3/4 Black Upright Double Bass.