- 1 How can I increase my double kick speed?
- 2 How long does it take to learn double bass?
- 3 How do double kick pedals work?
- 4 Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
- 5 What is the fastest double bass drum pedal?
- 6 Where do you hit the bass drum?
- 7 Is the double bass hard to learn?
- 8 How expensive is a double bass?
How can I increase my double kick speed?
- Use the heel-toe technique to practice the above exercise with each foot separately.
- Play a heel stroke for every written “H” and a toe stroke for every written “T”
- Start very slowly and increase your speed only after your control increases.
How long does it take to learn double bass?
If you practice enough I’d say you’d get used to moving around an upright and getting the right feel for it in about 6 weeks or 2 months. But like lowend said, get a teacher, it’ll make the transition much easier.
How do double kick pedals work?
In order to play “doubles” on the pedal, drummers can employ 3 main techniques: slide, swivel, or heel-toe. In the slide technique, the pedal is struck around the middle area with the ball of the foot. As the drum produces a sound, the toe is slid up the pedal.
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
What is the fastest double bass drum pedal?
6 Best Double Bass Pedals for 2021
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners.
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers.
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features.
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
Where do you hit the bass drum?
So, typically, on an 16-18″ kick, my beater hits above center. On a 20-22″, the beater hits just about in the center. 24-26″, it hits below center.
Is the double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
How expensive is a double bass?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.