- 1 How do you set up a bass drum?
- 2 How far apart should double bass pedals be?
- 3 Should I get a double bass drum pedal?
- 4 Should I get a double bass pedal?
- 5 Should the bass drum be off the ground?
- 6 How tight should my bass drum head be?
- 7 Where do I put my double bass pedal?
- 8 How do you adjust a double bass pedal?
- 9 How do you adjust the angle on a bass drum?
How do you set up a bass drum?
The hi-hat pedal and bass drum pedal should be arranged in a symmetrical “V” formation (Fig. 6), with you sitting comfortably at the apex, your snare drum directly between your legs without your thighs touching it. Hi-hat height is another important but very personal choice, which depends a lot on your playing style.
How far apart should double bass pedals be?
Beater distance should be about 1 1/2″ to 2 inches from the head in a rest state. Adjust the angles and tension to accomplish that position. You will have 3 adjustments to experiment with pedal tension, beater angle, and footboard height.
Should I get a double bass drum pedal?
Double pedal technique requires a big investment of time to master, If you are a session musician you will possibly use it, but If its not something you require for the music you play then the time could be better used perfecting the style of drumming you like and use. If its something you want to get into then do it.
Should I get a double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
Should the bass drum be off the ground?
Platinum Member. I recommend setting the front of the bass drum to be about 1/4″ to 1/2″ higher than the rear with the pedal attached. If you set the front higher than 1/2″ you will have stress on the hoop where the pedal attaches.
How tight should my bass drum head be?
Ideally you should tune the batter head first, with the resonant head off the drum (unless tuning mid-gig, of course). Again, start finger tight and turn all the rods in turn (you’ll need to press the centre with the palm of the hand on drums this large), until you’ve removed all the wrinkles.
Where do I put my double bass pedal?
So, how do you set up a drum set with a double bass pedal? The traditional setup is to attach the primary pedal to the bass drum as you would a single pedal and to place the second, slave pedal just to the right of the hi hat stand’s pedal board.
How do you adjust a double bass pedal?
Adjusting pedal tension
- To increase the tension, loosen the upper tension adjustment nut (fig 1) then tighten lower tension adjustment nut.
- To decrease the tension, loosen the lower tension adjustment nut (fig 1) then tighten the upper tension adjustment nut to secure it in place.
How do you adjust the angle on a bass drum?
Re: how to adjust angle of beater on kick You just loosen the screw with a drum key, and move the cam (holding on to the beater makes it easier to get the cam adjusted since the whole axle will turn also), then tighten back down. These should be on both sides of the main pedal. Hope this helps!