- 1 How much does a double bass cost?
- 2 How much is a cheap double bass?
- 3 What is the double bass called?
- 4 How expensive is an upright bass?
- 5 How much does a beginner double bass cost?
- 6 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 7 What double bass pedal should I get?
- 8 What size double bass should I get?
- 9 Who is the best double bass player?
- 10 Why do they call it a double bass?
- 11 How loud is a double bass?
- 12 What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 13 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 14 What is the cheapest upright bass?
- 15 Why are upright basses so expensive?
How much does a double bass cost?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
How much is a cheap double bass?
Choosing the Best Cheap Double Basses The price of a double bass can range between $1000 to $3000.
What is the double bass called?
Double bass, also called contrabass, string bass, bass, bass viol, bass fiddle, or bull fiddle, French contrebasse, German Kontrabass, stringed musical instrument, the lowest-pitched member of the violin family, sounding an octave lower than the cello.
How expensive is an upright bass?
How Much Should a String Bass Cost? A student bass will cost roughly $1,800-$3,000. An intermediate bass will cost $4,000-$10,000 or more.
How much does a beginner double bass cost?
$1500-$3000 These instruments are a fantastic way to start your musical journey (especially if purchased from a reputable music store!) At this price, you’re looking at an entry-level or beginner instrument that is typically factory-made in China.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
What double bass pedal should I get?
6 Best Double Bass Pedals for 2021
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners.
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers.
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features.
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
What size double bass should I get?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
Who is the best double bass player?
Double Bass Artists
- Charles Mingus. 767,479 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Marc Johnson. 49,240 listeners.
- Ray Brown. 38,342 listeners.
- Charlie Haden. 111,904 listeners.
- Edgar Meyer. 70,225 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Paul Chambers. 46,744 listeners.
Why do they call it a double bass?
The double bass is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra. The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles.
How loud is a double bass?
Results, at the average note, were as follows: violin, 85.9 db: viola, 79.5 db: cello, 76.52 db: double bass, 75.97 db.
What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
The difference between a bass guitar and a double bass is that the bass guitar is smaller, it’s held perpendicular to the player’s body, it’s often amplified via a bass amplifier, and it’s played with fingers or a pick. Double basses are larger, they’re stood upright, and they can be played with a bow.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
What is the cheapest upright bass?
These are, in our humble opinion, the 5 best cheap upright basses on the market:
- Cecilio 1/2CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Merano MB100 Full Size String Upright Bass.
- Palatino VE-500 Electric Upright Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-200 3/4 Size Upright Double Bass.
- Rata Beginner Upright Bass, Full Size.
- Setting up a Cheap Double Bass.
Why are upright basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.