- 1 Does Iron Maiden use double bass?
- 2 Why do some drummers use two bass drums?
- 3 Who was the first drummer to use double bass drums?
- 4 Who is the best double bass drummer?
- 5 Does Neil Peart use double bass?
- 6 Should I play bass or drums?
- 7 Who is the best drummer alive today?
- 8 Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
- 9 Did Bill Ward use double bass?
- 10 What is the best double bass?
- 11 Do I need a double bass pedal?
Does Iron Maiden use double bass?
IRON MAIDEN’s NICKO MCBRAIN On Why He Doesn’t Play Double – Bass Drums: ‘I’m Just A Lazy, Old-Fashioned Git’ Australian Musician editor Greg Phillips conducted an interview with IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain at last month’s NAMM show in Anaheim, California. You can now watch the chat below.
Why do some drummers use two bass drums?
Dave Lombardo said that he used two drums as it allowed each drum to resonate freely for every stroke made and made playing faster easier.
Who was the first drummer to use double bass drums?
The first person to use and popularize the double bass drum setup was jazz drummer Louie Bellson, who came up with the idea when he was still in high school.
Who is the best double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
Does Neil Peart use double bass?
Yes, he uses a DW double pedal.
Should I play bass or drums?
Ultimately, You Should Try Playing Both Drums and Bass Whether you play bass or drums, you can’t go wrong, as both are excellent instruments that are a lot of fun. Studies have shown that playing an instrument has many neurological benefits too.
Who is the best drummer alive today?
- Aric Improta, Fever 333.
- Rufus Taylor, The Darkness.
- Jon Beavis – IDLES.
- Scott Phillips, Alter Bridge.
- Taylor Hawkins, Foo Fighters.
- Sebastian Thomson, Baroness.
- Ben Thatcher, Royal Blood.
- Travis Barker, Blink-182.
Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
Drummers put pillows or blankets in their bass drums because it removes the sustained sound certain bass drums have. In genres like rock or metal, the preferred bass drum sound is one that is staccato, or “punchy,” and putting a pillow in the bass drum is a cheap method of achieving such a sound.
Did Bill Ward use double bass?
Bill Ward – Into the Void drum track ( listen to the double bass @ 3:12) That double bass section you pointed out is awesome sounding. It’s slow, like I can envision him individually stomping down on each bass pedal alternatively. Also cool that it is split between left and right speakers.
What is the best double bass?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- 6) Palatino VB-004-3/4 Crack Resistant Bass.
- 7) Cecilio CDB-200 Size 3/4 Flamed Upright Double Bass.
- 8) Cremona SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass.
- 9) Merano MB100 4/4 Size Student String Bass.
- 11) Engelhardt ES9 Swingmaster Double Bass.
Do I need a double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.