How do you make good bass?
5 Tips to Make Your Bass Sound Better
- Limiting your bass. What?
- Saturation and distortion. SATURATION!
- Stereo Bass effect. As you probably know, the lower end of your frequency spectrum ( bass and sub- bass ) should be in mono.
- High-pass your bass. Using a high-pass filter on your bass is controversial.
- Use a sine wave as a sub- bass.
How do I boost my 808 fl studio?
- Add a compressor to the 808.
- Route the kick into its sidechain input.
- Set the attack to its fastest value, so that every time the kick hits, the 808 turns down momentarily. This will shave the transient off the 808.
- Adjust the release until the 808 returns naturally to full volume after the kick hits.
How loud should my sub bass be?
It’s OK to highpass the signal around 25–40Hz, but go for mellow slopes such as 12 dB per octave. In SPAN, you should always see something even in the very lowest region.
Are 808s sub bass?
The fat sub bass sounds we now associate the 808 with are a world away from its original use as a programmable replacement for a live drummer. Since then it has grown into its current status as the go-to bass sound of hip hop’s vanguard, sounding fresh all over again.