- 1 Who played the double bass?
- 2 Who is the best double bass player?
- 3 How much is a double bass worth?
- 4 How many double bass are in the orchestra?
- 5 Why do they call it a double bass?
- 6 Who is the best jazz bassist of all time?
- 7 Who is the richest bass player in the world?
- 8 Who was the greatest bass player of all time?
- 9 What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 10 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 11 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 12 What is the most expensive double bass?
- 13 What is a 3/4 double bass?
- 14 Who makes the most money in an orchestra?
- 15 How loud is a double bass?
Who played the double bass?
Historical double bassists such as Domenico Dragonetti (1763–1846) and Giovanni Bottesini (1821–1889) established a tradition for playing the instrument that was carried on in the 20th and 21st century with a number of double bass players.
Who is the best double bass player?
Double Bass Artists
- Charles Mingus. 767,479 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Marc Johnson. 49,240 listeners.
- Ray Brown. 38,342 listeners.
- Charlie Haden. 111,904 listeners.
- Edgar Meyer. 70,225 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Paul Chambers. 46,744 listeners.
How much is a double bass worth?
In the United States I’d say the current price of a reasonable beginner upright bass bought new would be around $1500USD.
How many double bass are in the orchestra?
And why do they need them? A symphony orchestra is usually made up of (give or take) around ten first violins and ten second violins, ten violas, eight cellos and six double basses.
Why do they call it a double bass?
The double bass is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra. The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles.
Who is the best jazz bassist of all time?
Best Jazz Bass Players
- Ray Brown. Married to Ella Fitzgerald and performing in one of the greatest piano trios of all time, Ray Brown is surely one of the most legendary jazz bass players in history.
- Paul Chambers.
- Charles Mingus.
- Scott LaFaro.
- Ron Carter.
- Dave Holland.
- John Patitucci.
- Christian McBride.
Who is the richest bass player in the world?
Top 10 Richest Bassists in the World
- John Paul Jones – $80 million.
- Flea – $110 million.
- John Deacon – $115 Million.
- Adam Clayton – $150 million.
- Roger Waters – $270 million.
- Gene Simmons – $300 million.
- Sting – $300 million.
- Paul McCartney – $1.2 billion.
Who was the greatest bass player of all time?
Rolling Stone Readers Pick the Top Ten Bassists of All Time
- Paul McCartney.
- Geddy Lee.
- Les Claypool.
- John Paul Jones.
- Jaco Pastorius.
- Jack Bruce.
- Cliff Burton.
- Victor Wooten. Last weekend we asked our readers to pick the top 10 bass players of all time.
What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
The difference between a bass guitar and a double bass is that the bass guitar is smaller, it’s held perpendicular to the player’s body, it’s often amplified via a bass amplifier, and it’s played with fingers or a pick. Double basses are larger, they’re stood upright, and they can be played with a bow.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
What is the most expensive double bass?
This Thomas Hardie from 1825 is currently on sale for $95,000 USD, down from $115,000 USD. Vintage orchestral instruments can be quite expensive.
What is a 3/4 double bass?
3/4 size is recognized as a regular size bass. There are also double basses that have 5 strings with a low C to make it easier for the player to play notes lower than the low E.
Who makes the most money in an orchestra?
Mr. Zubin Mehta reportedly earned a staggering $48 million from 2019 – 2020 making him one of the highest -earning musicians in the world presently. Zubin Mehta is a remarkable figure in the music world. Born in Bombay, India in 1936 his Father founded the Bombay Symphony Orchestra.
How loud is a double bass?
Results, at the average note, were as follows: violin, 85.9 db: viola, 79.5 db: cello, 76.52 db: double bass, 75.97 db.