- 1 How much does a good upright bass cost?
- 2 How much does a beginner double bass cost?
- 3 How much is a new upright bass?
- 4 How much do double bass bows cost?
- 5 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 6 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 7 What is the cheapest double bass?
- 8 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 9 What size double bass should I buy?
- 10 What is the cheapest upright bass?
- 11 What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 12 Why is it called a double bass?
- 13 Does double bass use a bow?
- 14 What makes a good double bass bow?
- 15 What does a double bass sound like?
How much does a good upright bass cost?
In the United States I’d say the current price of a reasonable beginner upright bass bought new would be around $1500USD. Less than that and you risk getting a “ bass shaped object”.
How much does a beginner double bass cost?
$1500-$3000 These instruments are a fantastic way to start your musical journey (especially if purchased from a reputable music store!) At this price, you’re looking at an entry-level or beginner instrument that is typically factory-made in China.
How much is a new upright bass?
A student bass will cost roughly $1,800-$3,000. An intermediate bass will cost $4,000-$10,000 or more.
How much do double bass bows cost?
Upright Bass Bows
|Brazilwood with the new Ebontek™ frog!||X||$150|
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
What is the cheapest double bass?
12 Best Cheap Double Bass Reviews and the Best Budget Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass Black.
- Palatino VB-004-3/4 Crack Resistant Bass, ¾ Size.
- Cecilio CDB Upright Double Bass.
- Cremona SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass -3/4 Size.
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
What size double bass should I buy?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
What is the cheapest upright bass?
These are, in our humble opinion, the 5 best cheap upright basses on the market:
- Cecilio 1/2CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Merano MB100 Full Size String Upright Bass.
- Palatino VE-500 Electric Upright Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-200 3/4 Size Upright Double Bass.
- Rata Beginner Upright Bass, Full Size.
- Setting up a Cheap Double Bass.
What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
The difference between a bass guitar and a double bass is that the bass guitar is smaller, it’s held perpendicular to the player’s body, it’s often amplified via a bass amplifier, and it’s played with fingers or a pick. Double basses are larger, they’re stood upright, and they can be played with a bow.
Why is it called a double bass?
The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles. This hefty instrument has several nicknames including contrabass, string bass, bass, bass viol, bass fiddle, or bull fiddle.
Does double bass use a bow?
The double bass is played with a bow (arco), or by plucking the strings (pizzicato), or via a variety of extended techniques. In orchestral repertoire and tango music, both arco and pizzicato are employed.
What makes a good double bass bow?
There are several materials which are utilized in making a violin bow: Brazilwood, Carbon fiber, Pernambuco, and synthetic materials. Compared to the other three, carbon fiber makes double bass bows more robust. On the other hand, Pernambuco and Brazilwood are typically lightweight.
What does a double bass sound like?
Heavy, weighty, dark, weightless, wafting, somber, earthy, resonant, rasping, broad, hollow, dull, mighty, menacing, violent, mellow, sustaining, aspirate.