- 1 How far apart should my double bass pedals be?
- 2 Where should a double kick pedal go?
- 3 How does a double kick pedal work?
- 4 Should I buy a double bass pedal?
- 5 Should I learn double bass?
- 6 How do you adjust a double bass pedal?
- 7 What is the best double bass pedal?
- 8 Can you use double bass pedal electronic drums?
How far apart should my double bass pedals be?
Beater distance should be about 1 1/2″ to 2 inches from the head in a rest state. Adjust the angles and tension to accomplish that position. You will have 3 adjustments to experiment with pedal tension, beater angle, and footboard height.
Where should a double kick pedal go?
So, how do you set up a drum set with a double bass pedal? The traditional setup is to attach the primary pedal to the bass drum as you would a single pedal and to place the second, slave pedal just to the right of the hi hat stand’s pedal board.
How does a double kick pedal work?
In order to play “doubles” on the pedal, drummers can employ 3 main techniques: slide, swivel, or heel-toe. In the slide technique, the pedal is struck around the middle area with the ball of the foot. As the drum produces a sound, the toe is slid up the pedal.
Should I buy a double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
Should I learn double bass?
Absolutely. Even if you hardly use it (I for one prefer metal drummers that aren’t reliant on it) it’s worth the effort to train you’re left foot. Yea I hardly play double bass. I don’t know how double bass can translate well to funk drumming which is what I play as well.
How do you adjust a double bass pedal?
Adjusting pedal tension
- To increase the tension, loosen the upper tension adjustment nut (fig 1) then tighten lower tension adjustment nut.
- To decrease the tension, loosen the lower tension adjustment nut (fig 1) then tighten the upper tension adjustment nut to secure it in place.
What is the best double bass pedal?
View The Best Double Bass Pedal Below
- Pearl P932 Demonator. Check Amazon Price.
- DW 9000. Check Amazon Price.
- TAMA Iron Cobra 200. Check Amazon Price.
- Pearl P3002D Eliminator Demon Drive. Check Amazon Price.
- Drum Workshop Inc. DWCP3002.
- Pearl P2052C Eliminator.
- Tama HP600DTW Iron Cobra 600.
- Mapex Armory Series P800TW.
Can you use double bass pedal electronic drums?
A Double bass pedal is an ideal choice for drummers who like or want to get fast-paced music. It is also perfect for beginners who want to improve their swivel and heel-toe techniques. The double bass drumming is ideal for a metal drummer and hard rock drummer.