How do you set up a double kick drum?
Tips For Setting Up Your Double Bass Drum Pedal
- 1 – Master Pedal Attachment: Attach the master pedal to the bass drum in the usual way.
- 2 – Test and Adjust the Master Pedal:
- 3 – Hi Hat/Snare Setup:
- 4 – Place You Slave Pedal.
- 5 – Connect the Slave and Master Pedals.
- 6 – Test and Adjust the Slave Pedal.
What does a double bass pedal do?
A double bass drum pedal operates much the same way only with a second footplate controlling a second beater on the same drum. Most commonly this is attached by a shaft to a remote beater mechanism alongside the primary pedal mechanism.
How do you adjust the angle on a bass drum?
Adjust the angle of the beater by loosening the beater angle cam adjustment square or Allen key bolt (fig 2) then tighten it back up. It’s best to make fine adjustments as too much adjustment either way will prevent the beater from striking the head.