- 1 Do you need double bass for metal?
- 2 Did Bill Ward use double bass?
- 3 Do punk drummers use double bass?
- 4 Does Dave Grohl use double bass pedals?
- 5 Can you use a double bass pedal as a single?
- 6 What is really fast drumming called?
- 7 Who was the first band to use double bass?
- 8 What is the best double bass?
- 9 Does Neil Peart use double bass?
- 10 Who is the greatest drummer alive?
- 11 Who is the best drummer today?
- 12 Who does Dave Grohl think is the best drummer?
Do you need double bass for metal?
People often think that all metal uses double bass, but there are quite a few sub genre’s that have hardly any double bass bands. So if you move away from the faster genre’s, you ‘ll find plenty of bands that use single bass only. Look at Doom metal and Sludge metal, pretty much all single bass bands in those genre’s.
Did Bill Ward use double bass?
Bill Ward – Into the Void drum track ( listen to the double bass @ 3:12) That double bass section you pointed out is awesome sounding. It’s slow, like I can envision him individually stomping down on each bass pedal alternatively. Also cool that it is split between left and right speakers.
Do punk drummers use double bass?
(unless you cheat and use a double pedal. real punks play single bass!) the final thing of importance for playing in a punk band is to have fun, because that’s what punk (and music in general) is all about. P.S. try playing along to some Minor Threat songs and that will help you get your speed and endurance up too!
Does Dave Grohl use double bass pedals?
Dave Grohl is not know for using double pedal, but he did use it at one point, albeit a short time in his very early days that were post-Scream.
Can you use a double bass pedal as a single?
You can play a double pedal as a single but you can ‘t play double on a single pedal.
What is really fast drumming called?
Death metal uses extremely fast drumming, often with rapid double bass drumming and “wall of sound”–style blast beats. Frequent tempo and time signature changes and syncopation are also typical.
Who was the first band to use double bass?
Double bass drums were popularized in the 1960s by rock drummers Ginger Baker of Cream, Mitch Mitchell of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Keith Moon of The Who and Nick Mason of Pink Floyd.
What is the best double bass?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- 6) Palatino VB-004-3/4 Crack Resistant Bass.
- 7) Cecilio CDB-200 Size 3/4 Flamed Upright Double Bass.
- 8) Cremona SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass.
- 9) Merano MB100 4/4 Size Student String Bass.
- 11) Engelhardt ES9 Swingmaster Double Bass.
Does Neil Peart use double bass?
Yes, he uses a DW double pedal.
Who is the greatest drummer alive?
Will hopefully go down in history as one of the greatest of all time.
- 8 – Ginger Baker.
- 7 – Ramon “Tiki” Fulwood.
- 6 – Dave Grohl.
- 5 – Keith Moon.
- 4 – Buddy Rich.
- 3 – Stewart Copeland.
- 2 – Neil Peart.
- 1 – John Bonham. Unsurprisingly, John Bonham is number one on most lists of drummers.
Who is the best drummer today?
The 10 best rock drummers in the world right now, as decided by you
- Ashton Irwin.
- Scott Phillips.
- Simon Phillips.
- Roger Taylor.
- Tommy Lee.
- Travis Barker.
- Dave Grohl.
- Phil Rudd.
Who does Dave Grohl think is the best drummer?
Grohl does have a special place in his heart reserved for one drummer and one drummer only, the wonderfully talented and far too often maligned talent of Ringo Starr. Dave Grohl’s 5 favourite drummers:
|1||Working Man/Finding My Way – Live At Massey Hall, Toronto / 1976 Rush||14:56|
|2||YYZ – Live In Canada / 1980 Rush||7:43|