- 1 How long does it take to learn double bass drums?
- 2 Should I learn double bass?
- 3 Who is the best double bass drummer?
- 4 How long does it take to be good at double bass?
- 5 Should I get a double bass drum pedal?
- 6 What double bass pedal should I get?
- 7 Can you use a double kick pedal as a single?
- 8 What does a double bass pedal do?
- 9 How far should the beater be from the bass drum?
- 10 Does Metallica use double bass?
- 11 What is the fastest kick pedal?
How long does it take to learn double bass drums?
The question of playing double bass is subjective also. To play single strokes(1/8’s, 1/16’s or 1/8 note triplets) with (1/4’s, 1/8’s, 1/16’s on the ride hand) and 2 and 4 on the snare or quads around the drums (2 hands, 2 feet) could probably be done in 3-6 months of consistent daily practice?
Should I learn double bass?
Absolutely. Even if you hardly use it (I for one prefer metal drummers that aren’t reliant on it) it’s worth the effort to train you’re left foot. Yea I hardly play double bass. I don’t know how double bass can translate well to funk drumming which is what I play as well.
Who is the best double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
How long does it take to be good at double bass?
To answer your question, it will take your years and years of regular practice. Think an hour a day of dedicated, focussed double bass practice, plus usage in a band regularly, for three years. That’s how mine got there.
Should I get a double bass drum pedal?
Double pedal technique requires a big investment of time to master, If you are a session musician you will possibly use it, but If its not something you require for the music you play then the time could be better used perfecting the style of drumming you like and use. If its something you want to get into then do it.
What double bass pedal should I get?
6 Best Double Bass Pedals for 2021
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners.
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers.
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features.
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
Can you use a double kick pedal as a single?
Silver Member. You can play a double pedal as a single but you can ‘t play double on a single pedal. There’s your answer.
What does a double bass pedal do?
A double bass drum pedal operates much the same way only with a second footplate controlling a second beater on the same drum. Most commonly this is attached by a shaft to a remote beater mechanism alongside the primary pedal mechanism.
How far should the beater be from the bass drum?
I’d recommend starting by placing your bass drum pedal into position (there’s usually a slot under your bass drum. Then measure a distance of about 3 inch (about 8 cm) or have your beater set at an angle that’s about 45°.
Does Metallica use double bass?
Ulrich’s drumming style has changed throughout his career. Even though “Hardwired”, “Moth into Flame”, “Spit Out the Bone”, and “Lords of Summer” have the same double bass technique, the 2016 release of Metallica’s Hardwired to Self-Destruct saw a more aggressive and experimental drumming style from Ulrich.
What is the fastest kick pedal?
Waterson called Axis and said “I’m going to set a world record and need your pedals to do it.” Not long after, he set a record of 1,408 beats in 60 seconds. Darrell Johnston, inventor of the Axis bass drum pedal.