- 1 What is the cost of a double bass?
- 2 How much is a cheap double bass?
- 3 How much is a beginner double bass?
- 4 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 5 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 6 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 7 What size double bass should I get?
- 8 What double bass pedal should I get?
- 9 Who is the best double bass player?
- 10 What is the most expensive double bass?
- 11 How big is a half size double bass?
- 12 What is the best upright bass?
- 13 How much does a good upright bass cost?
- 14 What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 15 What does a double bass sound like?
What is the cost of a double bass?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
How much is a cheap double bass?
Choosing the Best Cheap Double Basses The price of a double bass can range between $1000 to $3000.
How much is a beginner double bass?
Price range: Double basses are relatively expensive and your budget will determine the types of basses you should be considering. The minimum budget for a new instrument, properly set up by a luthier, is approximately 1500 USD.
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
What size double bass should I get?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
What double bass pedal should I get?
6 Best Double Bass Pedals for 2021
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners.
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers.
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features.
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
Who is the best double bass player?
Double Bass Artists
- Charles Mingus. 767,479 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Marc Johnson. 49,240 listeners.
- Ray Brown. 38,342 listeners.
- Charlie Haden. 111,904 listeners.
- Edgar Meyer. 70,225 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Paul Chambers. 46,744 listeners.
What is the most expensive double bass?
This Thomas Hardie from 1825 is currently on sale for $95,000 USD, down from $115,000 USD. Vintage orchestral instruments can be quite expensive.
How big is a half size double bass?
|Size||Overall Lenght A||Bridge to Back F|
|(Standard sizes in inches)|
What is the best upright bass?
Best Upright Basses
- Palatino. The Billy Bass. Top Quality.
- Cremona. SB-3 Premier Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Best for Beginners.
- M. Ravel. 4-String Acoustic Upright Bass.
- Cremona. SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Customer Favorite.
- Palatino. VE-500-BK Electric Upright Bass. Lightweight Yet Solid.
How much does a good upright bass cost?
In the United States I’d say the current price of a reasonable beginner upright bass bought new would be around $1500USD. Less than that and you risk getting a “ bass shaped object”.
What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
Nothing. They’re all the same instrument just known by different names depending on what style of music they’re being used to play. Double Bass, or just simply Bass, is commonly used in the Classical community. Upright Bass refers to the fact that the thing stands upright.
What does a double bass sound like?
Heavy, weighty, dark, weightless, wafting, somber, earthy, resonant, rasping, broad, hollow, dull, mighty, menacing, violent, mellow, sustaining, aspirate.