- 1 How much does a good double bass cost?
- 2 How much does a beginner double bass cost?
- 3 What is the double bass also called?
- 4 What is the best upright bass?
- 5 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 6 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 7 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 8 What size double bass should I buy?
- 9 What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 10 Why do they call it a double bass?
- 11 Is double bass plucked or bowed?
- 12 Is there a single bass?
- 13 How much does a good upright bass cost?
- 14 What should I look for when buying a bass?
- 15 Who makes the best double bass?
How much does a good double bass cost?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
How much does a beginner double bass cost?
$1500-$3000 These instruments are a fantastic way to start your musical journey (especially if purchased from a reputable music store!) At this price, you’re looking at an entry-level or beginner instrument that is typically factory-made in China.
What is the double bass also called?
Double bass, also called contrabass, string bass, bass, bass viol, bass fiddle, or bull fiddle, French contrebasse, German Kontrabass, stringed musical instrument, the lowest-pitched member of the violin family, sounding an octave lower than the cello.
What is the best upright bass?
Best Upright Basses
- Palatino. The Billy Bass. Top Quality.
- Cremona. SB-3 Premier Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Best for Beginners.
- M. Ravel. 4-String Acoustic Upright Bass.
- Cremona. SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Customer Favorite.
- Palatino. VE-500-BK Electric Upright Bass. Lightweight Yet Solid.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
What size double bass should I buy?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
The difference between a bass guitar and a double bass is that the bass guitar is smaller, it’s held perpendicular to the player’s body, it’s often amplified via a bass amplifier, and it’s played with fingers or a pick. Double basses are larger, they’re stood upright, and they can be played with a bow.
Why do they call it a double bass?
The double bass is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra. The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles.
Is double bass plucked or bowed?
The double bass is played with a bow (arco), or by plucking the strings (pizzicato), or via a variety of extended techniques. In orchestral repertoire and tango music, both arco and pizzicato are employed.
Is there a single bass?
There is no single bass. The cello was the primary bass instrument, and the double bass is called that because it’s about twice the size (though it’s actual shape takes cues from both the violin and viol families). Even when tuned the same its range is about an octave below the cello.
How much does a good upright bass cost?
In the United States I’d say the current price of a reasonable beginner upright bass bought new would be around $1500USD. Less than that and you risk getting a “ bass shaped object”.
What should I look for when buying a bass?
What to look for when buying a bass guitar
- What size is it? The scale, or string length, will determine the size of the bass.
- Does the bass stay in tune?
- How’s the action?
- Are the electronics in good condition?
- Are the frets level?
- How thick is the neck width?
Who makes the best double bass?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio 1/2 CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-W Size 3/4 White Upright Double Bass.
- GRACE 4/4 Size Student Natural Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-BK Size 3/4 Black Upright Double Bass.