- 1 Who is the best double bass drummer?
- 2 Does Neil Peart use double bass?
- 3 What is a double kick drum?
- 4 Who was the first band to use double bass?
- 5 Should I play bass or drums?
- 6 Can you use double bass pedal electronic drums?
- 7 Should I learn double bass?
- 8 What is the best double bass?
- 9 Who is considered to be the best drummer of all time?
- 10 Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
- 11 Can you use a double bass pedal as a single?
Who is the best double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
Does Neil Peart use double bass?
Yes, he uses a DW double pedal.
What is a double kick drum?
Double kick drumming involves both of your feet (instead of just one) and will allow you to play faster, more complicated beats, fills, and solos.
Who was the first band to use double bass?
Double bass drums were popularized in the 1960s by rock drummers Ginger Baker of Cream, Mitch Mitchell of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Keith Moon of The Who and Nick Mason of Pink Floyd.
Should I play bass or drums?
Ultimately, You Should Try Playing Both Drums and Bass Whether you play bass or drums, you can’t go wrong, as both are excellent instruments that are a lot of fun. Studies have shown that playing an instrument has many neurological benefits too.
Can you use double bass pedal electronic drums?
A Double bass pedal is an ideal choice for drummers who like or want to get fast-paced music. It is also perfect for beginners who want to improve their swivel and heel-toe techniques. The double bass drumming is ideal for a metal drummer and hard rock drummer.
Should I learn double bass?
Absolutely. Even if you hardly use it (I for one prefer metal drummers that aren’t reliant on it) it’s worth the effort to train you’re left foot. Yea I hardly play double bass. I don’t know how double bass can translate well to funk drumming which is what I play as well.
What is the best double bass?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- 6) Palatino VB-004-3/4 Crack Resistant Bass.
- 7) Cecilio CDB-200 Size 3/4 Flamed Upright Double Bass.
- 8) Cremona SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass.
- 9) Merano MB100 4/4 Size Student String Bass.
- 11) Engelhardt ES9 Swingmaster Double Bass.
Who is considered to be the best drummer of all time?
1 – John Bonham Unsurprisingly, John Bonham is number one on most lists of drummers.
Why do drummers put pillows in bass drum?
Drummers put pillows or blankets in their bass drums because it removes the sustained sound certain bass drums have. In genres like rock or metal, the preferred bass drum sound is one that is staccato, or “punchy,” and putting a pillow in the bass drum is a cheap method of achieving such a sound.
Can you use a double bass pedal as a single?
You can play a double pedal as a single but you can ‘t play double on a single pedal.