- 1 How heavy is a double bass?
- 2 What is a 3/4 double bass?
- 3 How big is a 3/4 upright bass?
- 4 What is a 3/4 upright bass?
- 5 Why do they call it a double bass?
- 6 How much does a 3/4 double bass weigh?
- 7 How tall do you have to be to play a full size bass?
- 8 How old is the double bass?
- 9 What is the best upright bass?
- 10 What size bass guitar should I get?
- 11 How tall do you need to be to play the double bass?
- 12 Do you need large hands to play bass?
- 13 What do we call it when we pluck the strings?
- 14 How tall is a double bass in feet?
- 15 How tall was the biggest string bass ever made?
How heavy is a double bass?
LENGTH: 94.2 cm (37”) THICKNESS: 9.4 cm (3.7”) WIDTH: 13.9 cm (5.5”) WEIGHT: STANDARD 4 STRINGS: 1.6 KG (3.6 LB) 5 STRINGS: 1.7 KG (3.7 LB) FRETTED 4 STRINGS: 1.7 KG (3.7 LB) 5 STRINGS: 1.7 KG (3.8 LB) SCALE LENGTH: 69.5 cm (27.36”) BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Black model) or flame maple
What is a 3/4 double bass?
3/4 size is recognized as a regular size bass. There are also double basses that have 5 strings with a low C to make it easier for the player to play notes lower than the low E.
How big is a 3/4 upright bass?
Unlike violins where a violinist typically grows into a 4/4 violin, with the bass, the standard and most popular size by far is 3/4. Upright Bass Sizes.
|Bass Size||Total Height||Body Height|
What is a 3/4 upright bass?
3/4 upright basses are by far the most common and popular size upright bass. A bass that has a back 43″, upper bouts only 19″ apart, but has a long neck (say 44″ long string length) could easily be put into both the 3/4 category or 7/8 depending on which measurement we’re looking at.
Why do they call it a double bass?
The double bass is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra. The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles.
How much does a 3/4 double bass weigh?
Our 3/4 double bass weight approximately 50lbs, and we don’t have 4/4 size available.
How tall do you have to be to play a full size bass?
The standard size bass for adults is ¾. 7/8 and 4/4 size basses are made, but less commonly used. Bass Sizing & Bow Options.
|Bass Size||Height||Player’s Age|
|1/2||4.5 to 5.5 feet||9 to 13 years old|
|3/4||over 5 feet||over 13 years old|
How old is the double bass?
Forms of the double bass date from the late 15th or early 16th century and were in common use by the 18th century. Ludwig van Beethoven and later composers gave the bass increased importance in the symphony orchestra.
What is the best upright bass?
Best Upright Basses
- Palatino. The Billy Bass. Top Quality.
- Cremona. SB-3 Premier Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Best for Beginners.
- M. Ravel. 4-String Acoustic Upright Bass.
- Cremona. SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Customer Favorite.
- Palatino. VE-500-BK Electric Upright Bass. Lightweight Yet Solid.
What size bass guitar should I get?
That’s why guitars, which play higher pitches, are shorter than basses. The most common scale for an electric bass is 34”. A 34” scale bass is fine for a 4-string bass. For a good-sounding low B string on a 5-string bass you should seriously consider a 35” scale bass.
How tall do you need to be to play the double bass?
You have to be as tall as the bass you ‘re playing (unless you ‘re playing upright, in which case, you must be 5’2).
Do you need large hands to play bass?
Playing bass with small hands isn’t anything to be discouraged about or any reason not to play bass. Sure, naturally there will be challenges, but at the end of the practice sessions, it’s how you handle those challenges and how you choose to work through them.
What do we call it when we pluck the strings?
Pizzicato (/ˌpɪtsɪˈkɑːtoʊ/, Italian: [pittsiˈkaːto]; translated as “pinched”, and sometimes roughly as ” plucked “) is a playing technique that involves plucking the strings of a string instrument.
How tall is a double bass in feet?
The double bass stands around 180 cm (6 feet ) from scroll to endpin. However, other sizes are available, such as a 1⁄2 or 3⁄4, which serve to accommodate a player’s height and hand size.
How tall was the biggest string bass ever made?
The massive, incredibly rare instrument is over 11 feet tall with a range so deep it goes lower than humans can hear.