- 1 Who is the most famous double bass player?
- 2 Who is a famous double bass player?
- 3 How many people play bass in the US?
- 4 How many double bass are in the orchestra?
- 5 Can a double bass have 5 strings?
- 6 Who is the best bass player today?
- 7 Why is it called a double bass?
- 8 Who was the greatest bass player of all time?
- 9 Who is the best jazz bass player?
- 10 What percentage of bassists are female?
- 11 Who’s the best bass player?
- 12 What is a 3/4 double bass?
- 13 Who makes the most money in an orchestra?
- 14 What is the range of the double bass?
Who is the most famous double bass player?
Double Bass Artists
- Charles Mingus. 767,186 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Marc Johnson. 49,214 listeners.
- Ray Brown. 38,331 listeners.
- Charlie Haden. 111,861 listeners.
- Edgar Meyer. 70,215 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Paul Chambers. 46,738 listeners.
Who is a famous double bass player?
Historical double bassists such as Domenico Dragonetti (1763–1846) and Giovanni Bottesini (1821–1889) established a tradition for playing the instrument that was carried on in the 20th and 21st century with a number of double bass players.
How many people play bass in the US?
wcnewby. I took a quick poke on the net and found that there are about 176,200 musician jobs in the US Since they are not all in bands, this is going to be pretty rough, but closer than a guess That number divided by four, to get the approximat number of bands and one bass player per band
How many double bass are in the orchestra?
And why do they need them? A symphony orchestra is usually made up of (give or take) around ten first violins and ten second violins, ten violas, eight cellos and six double basses.
Can a double bass have 5 strings?
5 String Double Basses Double basses have existed in three, four, and five string configurations at different times and places. Paul Brun’s new history of the bass deals with the matter extensively.
Who is the best bass player today?
The 10 best bassists in the world right now
- Michael Manring.
- Victor Brandt, Dimmu Borgir.
- Suzi Quatro.
- Ryan Madora, sessions.
- Scott Reeder, session star.
- Lee Sklar, session legend.
- Jeff Ament, Pearl Jam.
- Cliff Williams, AC/DC.
Why is it called a double bass?
The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles. This hefty instrument has several nicknames including contrabass, string bass, bass, bass viol, bass fiddle, or bull fiddle.
Who was the greatest bass player of all time?
Rolling Stone Readers Pick the Top Ten Bassists of All Time
- Paul McCartney.
- Geddy Lee.
- Les Claypool.
- John Paul Jones.
- Jaco Pastorius.
- Jack Bruce.
- Cliff Burton.
- Victor Wooten. Last weekend we asked our readers to pick the top 10 bass players of all time.
Who is the best jazz bass player?
- 8: Charles Mingus.
- 7: Paul Chambers.
- 6: Jimmy Blanton.
- 5: Oscar Pettiford.
- 4: Ray Brown.
- 3: Ron Carter.
- 2: Stanley Clarke.
- 1: Jaco Pastorius. Topping our list of the 50 best jazz bassists is the mighty and inimitable Jaco Pastorius, who rose to fame in the 70s fusion supergroup Weather Report.
What percentage of bassists are female?
Comparing The Gender Ratio of Double Bass Players with Other Job Titles
|Double Bass Player||84%||15%|
Who’s the best bass player?
He’s won Bass Player of the Year from Bass Player magazine three times.
- #7 – Geddy Lee. Associated Acts: Rush.
- #6 – Stanley Clarke. Associated Acts: Return to Forever, The New Barbarians, SMV.
- #5 – Les Claypool. Associated Acts: Primus, Oysterhead, The FRog Brigade, C2B3.
- #4 – Larry Graham.
- Charles Mingus.
What is a 3/4 double bass?
3/4 size is recognized as a regular size bass. There are also double basses that have 5 strings with a low C to make it easier for the player to play notes lower than the low E.
Who makes the most money in an orchestra?
Mr. Zubin Mehta reportedly earned a staggering $48 million from 2019 – 2020 making him one of the highest -earning musicians in the world presently. Zubin Mehta is a remarkable figure in the music world. Born in Bombay, India in 1936 his Father founded the Bombay Symphony Orchestra.
What is the range of the double bass?
Pitch range The lowest note of a double bass is an E1 (on standard four-string basses ) at 41.20 Hz or a B0 (when 5 strings are used) at 30.87 hertz, and the highest notes are almost down at the bridge. In many double bass concertos harmonic tones are used.