- 1 How much does a double bass cost?
- 2 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 3 How much is a new upright bass?
- 4 How much should I spend on an upright bass?
- 5 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 6 What is the rarest musical instrument?
- 7 What is the most expensive double bass in the world?
- 8 What size double bass should I get?
- 9 What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 10 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 11 What is the cheapest upright bass?
- 12 How much does a beginner double bass cost?
- 13 What is a good upright bass?
- 14 How big is a full size double bass?
- 15 Is Bass an instrument?
How much does a double bass cost?
Double basses can be found for around 500 USD on ebay and other places online. Before being tempted to buy one of these, consider the total cost. Approximately 200 USD shipping + 150 USD for good strings + 350 USD or more for additional setup brings the total (very conservatively) to about 1200 USD.
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
How much is a new upright bass?
A student bass will cost roughly $1,800-$3,000. An intermediate bass will cost $4,000-$10,000 or more.
How much should I spend on an upright bass?
In the United States I’d say the current price of a reasonable beginner upright bass bought new would be around $1500USD. Less than that and you risk getting a “ bass shaped object”.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
What is the rarest musical instrument?
Hydraulophone. The hydraulophone is one of the rarest musical instruments in the world.
What is the most expensive double bass in the world?
Vintage orchestral instruments can be quite expensive. This Thomas Hardie from 1825 is currently on sale for $95,000 USD, down from $115,000 USD.
What size double bass should I get?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
What’s the difference between a bass and a double bass?
Nothing. They’re all the same instrument just known by different names depending on what style of music they’re being used to play. Double Bass, or just simply Bass, is commonly used in the Classical community. Upright Bass refers to the fact that the thing stands upright.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
What is the cheapest upright bass?
These are, in our humble opinion, the 5 best cheap upright basses on the market:
- Cecilio 1/2CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Merano MB100 Full Size String Upright Bass.
- Palatino VE-500 Electric Upright Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-200 3/4 Size Upright Double Bass.
- Rata Beginner Upright Bass, Full Size.
- Setting up a Cheap Double Bass.
How much does a beginner double bass cost?
$1500-$3000 These instruments are a fantastic way to start your musical journey (especially if purchased from a reputable music store!) At this price, you’re looking at an entry-level or beginner instrument that is typically factory-made in China.
What is a good upright bass?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio 1/2 CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-W Size 3/4 White Upright Double Bass.
- GRACE 4/4 Size Student Natural Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-BK Size 3/4 Black Upright Double Bass.
How big is a full size double bass?
The double bass stands around 180 cm (6 feet) from scroll to endpin. However, other sizes are available, such as a 1⁄2 or 3⁄4, which serve to accommodate a player’s height and hand size.
Is Bass an instrument?
Basses belong to different families of instruments and can cover a wide range of musical roles. Since producing low pitches usually requires a long air column or string, the string and wind bass instruments are usually the largest instruments in their families or instrument classes.