- 1 How does double bass drum pedal work?
- 2 Should I buy a double bass pedal?
- 3 Should I learn double bass?
- 4 How far should the beater be from the bass drum?
- 5 Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
- 6 Where do I put my double kick pedals?
- 7 What is the best double bass pedal for the money?
- 8 How can I increase my double kick speed?
How does double bass drum pedal work?
A double bass drum pedal operates much the same way only with a second footplate controlling a second beater on the same drum. Most commonly this is attached by a shaft to a remote beater mechanism alongside the primary pedal mechanism.
Should I buy a double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
Should I learn double bass?
Absolutely. Even if you hardly use it (I for one prefer metal drummers that aren’t reliant on it) it’s worth the effort to train you’re left foot. Yea I hardly play double bass. I don’t know how double bass can translate well to funk drumming which is what I play as well.
How far should the beater be from the bass drum?
I’d recommend starting by placing your bass drum pedal into position (there’s usually a slot under your bass drum. Then measure a distance of about 3 inch (about 8 cm) or have your beater set at an angle that’s about 45°.
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
Where do I put my double kick pedals?
So, how do you set up a drum set with a double bass pedal? The traditional setup is to attach the primary pedal to the bass drum as you would a single pedal and to place the second, slave pedal just to the right of the hi hat stand’s pedal board.
What is the best double bass pedal for the money?
6 Best Double Bass Pedals for 2021
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners.
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers.
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features.
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
How can I increase my double kick speed?
- Use the heel-toe technique to practice the above exercise with each foot separately.
- Play a heel stroke for every written “H” and a toe stroke for every written “T”
- Start very slowly and increase your speed only after your control increases.