- 1 What is the most iconic bass line?
- 2 What is a driving bass line?
- 3 How do you write a good bass line?
- 4 What scales should I learn for bass?
- 5 What’s the hardest song to play on bass?
- 6 What is the easiest bass song to learn?
- 7 Which song has the best bass line?
- 8 Can you play metal on bass?
- 9 Is Bass important in metal?
- 10 What Bass scales are used in metal?
What is the most iconic bass line?
The 25 greatest basslines of all time
- My Generation – The Who (John Entwistle)
- Roundabout – Yes (Chris Squire)
- Lessons In Love – Level 42 (Mark King)
- Another One Bites The Dust – Queen (John Deacon)
- The Real Me – The Who (John Entwistle)
- Freewill – Rush (Geddy Lee)
- YYV – Rush (Geddy Lee)
What is a driving bass line?
Driving bass lines are the essence of metal bass playing. They are what make listeners want to bang their heads and mosh. A driving bass line has a repetitive rhythmic pattern based on consistent triplet, eighth- or sixteenth-note rhythms.
How do you write a good bass line?
Beginner’s Guide to Writing Better Bass Lines
- The Root Note. First of all you need to understand some of the basics about your song before you can write a good bass line.
- Use Other Notes from within the Chord.
- Add Embellishments.
- Have Fun with the Bass!
What scales should I learn for bass?
Bass Scales: 5 Easy Bass Guitar Scales For Beginners
- The Major Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.
- The Major Pentatonic Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 2 3 5 6 8.
- The Natural Minor Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 8.
- The Minor Pentatonic Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 b3 4 5 b7 8.
- The Blues Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 b3 4 #4/b5 5 b7 8.
What’s the hardest song to play on bass?
Top 10 Most Challenging Songs To Play On Bass
- Hysteria – Muse.
- (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth – Metallica.
- Jerry Was A Racecar Driver – Primus.
- YYZ – Rush.
- Teen Town – Weather Report.
- Nobody Weird Like Me – Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Victor Wooten – More Love.
- Frantic Disembowelment – Cannibal Corpse.
What is the easiest bass song to learn?
10 Easy Songs to Learn on Bass
- The Black Crowes: “She Talks to Angels”
- John Lee Hooker: “Boom Boom”
- Green Day: “Longview”
- Meghan Trainor: “Like I’m Gonna Lose You”
- ZZ Top: “La Grange”
- Robert Cray: “Phone Booth”
- Salt-N-Pepa: “Push It”
- The Ramones: “Sheena Is a Punk Rocker”
Which song has the best bass line?
The Greatest Bass Riffs Ever!
- Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)- Sly and the Family Stone.
- Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division.
- Around the World – Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- The Chain – Fleetwood Mac.
- Hysteria – Muse.
- Good Times – Chic.
- Sabotage – Beastie Boys.
- Roundabout – Yes.
Can you play metal on bass?
Don’t Leave the Bass Out of the Mix Sure, metal music is indeed guitar-based. But just make sure that you don’t drown out the bass guitar as Metallica did on the Justice album.
Is Bass important in metal?
The prominent role of the bass is key to the metal sound, and the interplay of bass and distorted electric guitar is a central element of metal. The bass guitar provides the low-end sound crucial to making the music “heavy”. The bass plays a ” more important role in heavy metal than in any other genre of rock.”
What Bass scales are used in metal?
Most metal songs are usually written in minor, dorian, phrygian, or mixolydian. After that there are some cool augmented & diminished scales but they won’t do you much good without having the modes of the major scale down first. And where can one learn these modes?