- 1 What is a double bass pedal?
- 2 Do I need a double bass pedal?
- 3 What is the best double bass pedal for the money?
- 4 Can you use a double pedal as a single pedal?
- 5 Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
- 6 How do double kick pedals work?
- 7 How much does a double pedal cost?
- 8 When should I get a double bass pedal?
- 9 Which Iron Cobra pedal is best?
- 10 What is the best Iron Cobra double pedal?
What is a double bass pedal?
Today, the popular alternative to lugging around two separate bass drums is playing one drum with a double bass drum pedal. This feat in pedal technology works just like a regular pedal except that a second base plate is attached by a rod to a separate beater mechanism, which operates alongside the primary beater.
Do I need a double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
What is the best double bass pedal for the money?
6 Best Double Bass Pedals for 2021
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners.
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers.
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features.
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
Can you use a double pedal as a single pedal?
So you can have a double pedal and dedicate your practice time to both single pedal work and exploring the double pedal. Typically many drummers complain that their left (hihat) foot is weak when they start with the double pedal.
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
How do double kick pedals work?
In order to play “doubles” on the pedal, drummers can employ 3 main techniques: slide, swivel, or heel-toe. In the slide technique, the pedal is struck around the middle area with the ball of the foot. As the drum produces a sound, the toe is slid up the pedal.
How much does a double pedal cost?
How much does a double bass pedal cost? As with all musical equipment, there is a huge range in price. You can spend anything from $100 to thousands of dollars. Typically, you will be looking between $100 and $400, depending on your requirements and how much use you’ll be getting out of it.
When should I get a double bass pedal?
It depends on how heavy of a metal sound your punk band is looking to go. If they want to do machine gun blast beats then you’ll need a double pedal. If not it’s still possible to get a metal sound with a single pedal.
Which Iron Cobra pedal is best?
TAMA HP200P Iron Cobra Features As part of the Iron Cobra 200 series, the Tama HP200P is a very powerful single pedal. One of the reasons it’s considered the best single kick pedal is its superior responsiveness and accuracy of the hammer action. Its single chain design uses durable hardware.
What is the best Iron Cobra double pedal?
When we compare their features, the Tama Iron Cobra 200 double pedal is our top pick for those on a budget. If you have the budget, the DW 9000 Double Bass Pedal is a fantastic choice for pro drummers.