- 1 Who played on Double Fantasy?
- 2 Was Double Fantasy released before Lennon died?
- 3 What is John Lennon’s Double Fantasy album worth?
- 4 Is Double Fantasy a good album?
- 5 What was John Lennon’s last song?
- 6 What is the name of the peaceful spot in Central Park dedicated to John Lennon’s memory?
- 7 Are there any unreleased John Lennon songs?
- 8 What is a stripped down album?
- 9 What is the most valuable vinyl record?
- 10 Why is Double Fantasy album worth?
- 11 How many copies of Double Fantasy were sold?
Who played on Double Fantasy?
Double Fantasy is the fifth album by John Lennon and Yoko Ono, released in November 1980 on Geffen Records. Produced by Lennon, Ono and Jack Douglas, it was the seventh and final studio album released by Lennon during his lifetime. Track listing.
|Title||“Watching the Wheels”|
Was Double Fantasy released before Lennon died?
Released on November 17, 1980, John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s ” Double Fantasy ” had scarcely been in stores for three weeks before the former Beatle’s senseless murder on December 8.
What is John Lennon’s Double Fantasy album worth?
Value: $850,000 Released in 1980, a copy of John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s final album Double Fantasy sold for $850,000 in 2010. Not only is it the most expensive vinyl record ever sold, it’s also the most extraordinary artifact in rock & roll history.
Is Double Fantasy a good album?
Charles Shaar, writing for NME, memorably said Double Fantasy “sounds like a great life, but it makes for a lousy record. Double Fantasy, with its comfy domesticity and too-slick, of-its-moment production, never felt dangerous enough to be a top-tier John Lennon record. Well, at least half of the time.
What was John Lennon’s last song?
Ono’s “Walking on Thin Ice” was the last song Lennon would work on before his death, and was later included as a bonus track on a “Double Fantasy” reissue.
What is the name of the peaceful spot in Central Park dedicated to John Lennon’s memory?
Located near Central Park West between 71st and 74th Streets (map), Strawberry Fields is a 2.5 acre area of Central Park that pays tribute to the late Beatle, John Lennon, singer, songwriter, musician and peace activist.
Are there any unreleased John Lennon songs?
Unreleased Beatles Song ‘Just Fun’ To Be Released For Lennon’s 80th. As part of the John Lennon 80th birthday celebrations on 9 October, Paul McCartney has announced that the unreleased Beatles song ‘Just Fun’ will be released to mark the day. The song was written in 1957 or 1958 when McCartney was 16 years old.
What is a stripped down album?
Stripped Down is a live album by rock musician Rick Springfield. Released on February 24, 2015 as a CD /DVD set, it features ‘ stripped down ‘ songs recorded live, including the new song “If Wishes Were Fishes”.
What is the most valuable vinyl record?
The 10 most expensive vinyl records ever sold
- The Beatles: Yesterday & Today – $125,000.
- John Lennon & Yoko Ono: Double Fantasy – $150,000.
- The Beatles: Sgt.
- Elvis Presley: ‘My Happiness’ – $300,000.
- The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album) – $790,000.
- Wu-Tang Clan: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin – $2 million.
Why is Double Fantasy album worth?
John Lennon & Yoko Ono – Double Fantasy The most valuable edition of this album is the one that was owned by Mark Chapman, yes, the obsessive fan that shot Lennon just hours after he signed the record. It holds great historical value and should actually be kept safe in a museum.
How many copies of Double Fantasy were sold?
“ Double Fantasy ” immediately rose to No. 1 in both the United States and United Kingdom. It would go on to win the 1981 album of the year Grammy and sell 3 million copies, the most for any Lennon solo album.