- 1 Who is the best double bass player?
- 2 What famous person plays the double bass?
- 3 Is Double Bass difficult to play?
- 4 How much does a good double bass cost?
- 5 Who is the richest bass player in the world?
- 6 Why do they call it a double bass?
- 7 Can a double bass have 5 strings?
- 8 Who is the greatest jazz bassist of all time?
- 9 Who is the best jazz bassist of all time?
- 10 Is Double Bass harder than violin?
- 11 Should I play cello or double bass?
- 12 Is Double Bass harder than cello?
- 13 What is the rarest musical instrument?
- 14 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 15 Why are double basses so expensive?
Who is the best double bass player?
Double Bass Artists
- Charles Mingus. 767,479 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Marc Johnson. 49,240 listeners.
- Ray Brown. 38,342 listeners.
- Charlie Haden. 111,904 listeners.
- Edgar Meyer. 70,225 listeners.
- Upgrade Now.
- Paul Chambers. 46,744 listeners.
What famous person plays the double bass?
Historical double bassists such as Domenico Dragonetti (1763–1846) and Giovanni Bottesini (1821–1889) established a tradition for playing the instrument that was carried on in the 20th and 21st century with a number of double bass players.
Is Double Bass difficult to play?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
How much does a good double bass cost?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
Who is the richest bass player in the world?
Top 10 Richest Bassists in the World
- John Paul Jones – $80 million.
- Flea – $110 million.
- John Deacon – $115 Million.
- Adam Clayton – $150 million.
- Roger Waters – $270 million.
- Gene Simmons – $300 million.
- Sting – $300 million.
- Paul McCartney – $1.2 billion.
Why do they call it a double bass?
The double bass is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra. The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles.
Can a double bass have 5 strings?
5 String Double Basses Double basses have existed in three, four, and five string configurations at different times and places. Paul Brun’s new history of the bass deals with the matter extensively.
Who is the greatest jazz bassist of all time?
1: Jaco Pastorius Topping our list of the 50 best jazz bassists is the mighty and inimitable Jaco Pastorius, who rose to fame in the 70s fusion supergroup Weather Report.
Who is the best jazz bassist of all time?
Best Jazz Bass Players
- Ray Brown. Married to Ella Fitzgerald and performing in one of the greatest piano trios of all time, Ray Brown is surely one of the most legendary jazz bass players in history.
- Paul Chambers.
- Charles Mingus.
- Scott LaFaro.
- Ron Carter.
- Dave Holland.
- John Patitucci.
- Christian McBride.
Is Double Bass harder than violin?
Double bass is harder if you try to put it under your chin. Violin is harder if you try to stand it upright and bow from the side. Played in their normal ways, however, both are equally difficult to master completely. The bass, especially played pizzicato, is easier to play at a level adequate for many kinds of music.
Should I play cello or double bass?
The cello, known as an instrument with a tenor voice, has a deeper and richer tone than both the violin and the viola. Due to its extra octave range, the double bass is capable of producing a deeper sound that the cello is just not capable of producing.
Is Double Bass harder than cello?
The repertoire for cello is much larger, and the technique for cello runs much deeper than that of the bass. So at a certain point, cello might be ” harder to learn” because the repertoire and technique are simply more difficult, but that isn’t really indicative of the inherent difficulty of the instruments.
What is the rarest musical instrument?
Hydraulophone. The hydraulophone is one of the rarest musical instruments in the world.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.