- 1 How much should I pay for a double bass?
- 2 How much does it cost to rent a string bass?
- 3 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 4 How expensive is an upright bass?
- 5 What is the most expensive double bass?
- 6 How big is a full size double bass?
- 7 Can you rent an electric bass?
- 8 What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
- 9 Is Bass an instrument?
- 10 How much is a beginner double bass?
- 11 What does a double bass sound like?
- 12 What is a hybrid double bass?
- 13 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 14 What is the cheapest upright bass?
- 15 What is a good upright bass?
How much should I pay for a double bass?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
How much does it cost to rent a string bass?
|*See below for Standard Bass Bow information. *See below for sales tax information.|
|3 months||$211.50 ($70.50/month)||$249.45|
|6 months||$417.00 ($69.50/month)||$492.90|
|12 months ($9 months paid, 3 months free)||$616.50 ($68.50/month)||$730.35|
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
How expensive is an upright bass?
How Much Should a String Bass Cost? A student bass will cost roughly $1,800-$3,000. An intermediate bass will cost $4,000-$10,000 or more.
What is the most expensive double bass?
This Thomas Hardie from 1825 is currently on sale for $95,000 USD, down from $115,000 USD. Vintage orchestral instruments can be quite expensive.
How big is a full size double bass?
The double bass stands around 180 cm (6 feet) from scroll to endpin. However, other sizes are available, such as a 1⁄2 or 3⁄4, which serve to accommodate a player’s height and hand size.
Can you rent an electric bass?
Yes, you can. There are various details involved with this, so please contact your nearest Guitar Center rental department. The rental will be charged as a standard purchase. Financing promos are not available for rentals.
What is the difference between a bass and a double bass?
The difference between a bass guitar and a double bass is that the bass guitar is smaller, it’s held perpendicular to the player’s body, it’s often amplified via a bass amplifier, and it’s played with fingers or a pick. Double basses are larger, they’re stood upright, and they can be played with a bow.
Is Bass an instrument?
Basses belong to different families of instruments and can cover a wide range of musical roles. Since producing low pitches usually requires a long air column or string, the string and wind bass instruments are usually the largest instruments in their families or instrument classes.
How much is a beginner double bass?
Price range: Double basses are relatively expensive and your budget will determine the types of basses you should be considering. The minimum budget for a new instrument, properly set up by a luthier, is approximately 1500 USD.
What does a double bass sound like?
Heavy, weighty, dark, weightless, wafting, somber, earthy, resonant, rasping, broad, hollow, dull, mighty, menacing, violent, mellow, sustaining, aspirate.
What is a hybrid double bass?
The term ‘ Hybrid Bass ‘ usually means it has a carved (or solid wood) top with a laminated-wood back & sides. Many shops sell hybrid basses as a cheaper alternative to a solid wood bass. All too often, the “carved” top has just been machined to an even thickness, which really does NOT do much to enhance tone.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
What is the cheapest upright bass?
These are, in our humble opinion, the 5 best cheap upright basses on the market:
- Cecilio 1/2CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Merano MB100 Full Size String Upright Bass.
- Palatino VE-500 Electric Upright Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-200 3/4 Size Upright Double Bass.
- Rata Beginner Upright Bass, Full Size.
- Setting up a Cheap Double Bass.
What is a good upright bass?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio 1/2 CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-W Size 3/4 White Upright Double Bass.
- GRACE 4/4 Size Student Natural Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-BK Size 3/4 Black Upright Double Bass.