- 1 How much does a professional double bass cost?
- 2 Is it hard to learn double bass?
- 3 How tall do you have to be to play double bass?
- 4 How much is a cheap double bass?
- 5 Why are double basses so expensive?
- 6 How do bass players make a living?
- 7 How can I get better bass lines?
- 8 How can I improve my bass?
- 9 How long does it take to learn the double bass?
- 10 Is violin harder than double bass?
- 11 Should I learn double bass?
- 12 What is a 3/4 double bass?
- 13 Can short people play the bass?
- 14 How tall do you have to be to play a full size bass?
How much does a professional double bass cost?
Hybrid double basses are ideal for those looking to spend less than $3000 on a double bass. Fully carved double basses are the most expensive, costing anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands.
Is it hard to learn double bass?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
How tall do you have to be to play double bass?
You have to be as tall as the bass you ‘ re playing (unless you ‘ re playing upright, in which case, you must be 5’2).
How much is a cheap double bass?
Choosing the Best Cheap Double Basses The price of a double bass can range between $1000 to $3000.
Why are double basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
How do bass players make a living?
Here are my tips:
- Go to shows. Talk to every band.
- Get a church gig. Present yourself as a qualified and professional player.
- Join a working band. You don’t have the energy to start a band from scratch and wait until it starts making money.
- Be a sub.
- The hired-gun work is not going to be advertised on craigslist.
How can I get better bass lines?
9 Killer Tips for Writing Better Bass Lines
- Tip 1: Play with the Rhythm.
- Tip 3: Play Notes other than The Root.
- Tip 4: Add Octave Jumps.
- Tip 5: Rhythm and Timing (Swing)
- Tip 7: Note Length.
- Tip 8: Introduce Melodic Fills.
- Tip 9: Subtle Development + Variation.
How can I improve my bass?
7 Ways to Get Better at Playing Bass (For Real)
- Focus on Right Hand Finger Movement.
- Jam On Techniques Rather than Following Rote Exercises.
- Learning to Play Song Melodies Rather Than Just Bass Lines to Songs.
- Incorporate the Left Hand Pinky into Your Playing.
- Play With Other People.
How long does it take to learn the double bass?
If you practice enough I’d say you’d get used to moving around an upright and getting the right feel for it in about 6 weeks or 2 months. But like lowend said, get a teacher, it’ll make the transition much easier.
Is violin harder than double bass?
Double bass is harder if you try to put it under your chin. Violin is harder if you try to stand it upright and bow from the side. Played in their normal ways, however, both are equally difficult to master completely. The bass, especially played pizzicato, is easier to play at a level adequate for many kinds of music.
Should I learn double bass?
The double bass is usually used in a jazz type of setting or a classical setting with a bow. You have that one unique sound with a double bass but you can’t make it louder. It’s a very good instrument to learn if you’re into more classic music.
What is a 3/4 double bass?
3/4 size is recognized as a regular size bass. There are also double basses that have 5 strings with a low C to make it easier for the player to play notes lower than the low E.
Can short people play the bass?
No problem, one of my former employers played DB in professional symphony orchestras for more then 40 years and he is 5’2”, learning an instrument is more about the tenacity of the individual not physical limitations! In High School orchestra, we had a bassist who was rather short and played it very well.
How tall do you have to be to play a full size bass?
The standard size bass for adults is ¾. 7/8 and 4/4 size basses are made, but less commonly used. Bass Sizing & Bow Options.
|Bass Size||Height||Player’s Age|
|1/2||4.5 to 5.5 feet||9 to 13 years old|
|3/4||over 5 feet||over 13 years old|