- 1 What should I look for in a double bass?
- 2 What is the best upright bass?
- 3 How much does a good upright bass cost?
- 4 What size double bass should I get?
- 5 How much is a beginner double bass?
- 6 How much is a cheap double bass?
- 7 What is the best double bass brand?
- 8 Why do they call it a double bass?
- 9 Are upright bass and double bass the same?
- 10 How much does a decent bass cost?
- 11 Why are upright basses so expensive?
- 12 Is double bass hard to learn?
- 13 What size is a 3/4 double bass?
- 14 How tall do you have to be to play a full size bass?
What should I look for in a double bass?
The first thing that you should know when buying a double bass is that they are very large. For younger music students, who you may be shopping for, they are often prohibitively large. Most children aren’t able to comfortably play the standard size of double basses until they are in middle school.
What is the best upright bass?
Best Upright Basses
- Palatino. The Billy Bass. Top Quality.
- Cremona. SB-3 Premier Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Best for Beginners.
- M. Ravel. 4-String Acoustic Upright Bass.
- Cremona. SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass 3/4 Size. Customer Favorite.
- Palatino. VE-500-BK Electric Upright Bass. Lightweight Yet Solid.
How much does a good upright bass cost?
In the United States I’d say the current price of a reasonable beginner upright bass bought new would be around $1500USD. Less than that and you risk getting a “ bass shaped object”.
What size double bass should I get?
The standard size for adults is a ¾ double bass. A large double bass such as a ⅞ or 4/4 is very rare and not commonly used unless the person is very tall, 6.5′ + in height or they have unusually large hands. A general rule for children is to choose a bass one size smaller than usual violin size for age.
How much is a beginner double bass?
Price range: Double basses are relatively expensive and your budget will determine the types of basses you should be considering. The minimum budget for a new instrument, properly set up by a luthier, is approximately 1500 USD.
How much is a cheap double bass?
Choosing the Best Cheap Double Basses The price of a double bass can range between $1000 to $3000.
What is the best double bass brand?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- Cecilio 1/2 CDB-100 Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-W Size 3/4 White Upright Double Bass.
- GRACE 4/4 Size Student Natural Upright Double Bass.
- Cecilio CDB-BK Size 3/4 Black Upright Double Bass.
Why do they call it a double bass?
The double bass is the largest and lowest-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra. The origin of the name of the double bass stems from the fact that its initial function was to double the bass line of large ensembles.
Are upright bass and double bass the same?
They’re all the same instrument just known by different names depending on what style of music they’re being used to play. Double Bass, or just simply Bass, is commonly used in the Classical community. Upright Bass refers to the fact that the thing stands upright.
How much does a decent bass cost?
A new bass guitar can cost anywhere from $200 to $5000 X Research source depending on the brand, quality, and finish. Used basses tend to range from $100 to $1500 and are often just as good, although pricing and selection will vary from one locale to another.
Why are upright basses so expensive?
Basses built in places with cheap labor are dependent upon the QC going on and the quality of materials being used. No QC and bad materials combine for the very cheapest ones. Plus, DBs are huge and fragile, so shipping them is expensive as well.
Is double bass hard to learn?
The double bass is a tough master – demanding strength, stamina and proper technique from its player. As the root of the orchestra, musical and rhythmic accuracy are imperative to the success of the whole – requiring plenty of practice and repetition.
What size is a 3/4 double bass?
|Size||Overall Lenght A||Body Lenght B|
|(Standard sizes in inches)|
How tall do you have to be to play a full size bass?
The standard size bass for adults is ¾. 7/8 and 4/4 size basses are made, but less commonly used. Bass Sizing & Bow Options.
|Bass Size||Height||Player’s Age|
|1/2||4.5 to 5.5 feet||9 to 13 years old|
|3/4||over 5 feet||over 13 years old|