- 1 What is a double bass drum pedal?
- 2 Does Dave Grohl use double bass pedals?
- 3 Do I need a double bass pedal?
- 4 Can you use a double pedal as a single pedal?
- 5 What double bass pedal should I get?
- 6 Who is the greatest drummer alive?
- 7 Who is better drummer Taylor Hawkins or Dave Grohl?
- 8 Who does Dave Grohl think is the best drummer?
- 9 Why do drummers use 2 bass drums?
- 10 Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
- 11 How far should the beater be from the bass drum?
What is a double bass drum pedal?
Today, the popular alternative to lugging around two separate bass drums is playing one drum with a double bass drum pedal. This feat in pedal technology works just like a regular pedal except that a second base plate is attached by a rod to a separate beater mechanism, which operates alongside the primary beater.
Does Dave Grohl use double bass pedals?
Dave Grohl is not know for using double pedal, but he did use it at one point, albeit a short time in his very early days that were post-Scream.
Do I need a double bass pedal?
Double Pedal is rarely a necessity unless you’re playing the extreme forms of metal. Still, if you ever hear tasteful use of double bass playing it can make you want to get one.
Can you use a double pedal as a single pedal?
So you can have a double pedal and dedicate your practice time to both single pedal work and exploring the double pedal. Typically many drummers complain that their left (hihat) foot is weak when they start with the double pedal.
What double bass pedal should I get?
6 Best Double Bass Pedals for 2021
- 1 DW 9000 Double Pedal Extended Footboard: Best Option for Beginners.
- 2 DW Pedals: Machined Chain Drive Double Pedal: Best for Experienced Drummers.
- 3 Tama Dyna-Sync Double Pedal: Best for Customizable Features.
- 4 Tama Speed Cobra 910 Twin Pedal: Best for Speed.
Who is the greatest drummer alive?
Will hopefully go down in history as one of the greatest of all time.
- 8 – Ginger Baker.
- 7 – Ramon “Tiki” Fulwood.
- 6 – Dave Grohl.
- 5 – Keith Moon.
- 4 – Buddy Rich.
- 3 – Stewart Copeland.
- 2 – Neil Peart.
- 1 – John Bonham. Unsurprisingly, John Bonham is number one on most lists of drummers.
Who is better drummer Taylor Hawkins or Dave Grohl?
Taylor is the better drummer and arguably one of the best rock drummers to have ever lived. Dave Grohl is very creative but his playing skills are mediocre. Taylor Hawkins is a drumming monster.
Who does Dave Grohl think is the best drummer?
Grohl does have a special place in his heart reserved for one drummer and one drummer only, the wonderfully talented and far too often maligned talent of Ringo Starr. Dave Grohl’s 5 favourite drummers:
|1||Working Man/Finding My Way – Live At Massey Hall, Toronto / 1976 Rush||14:56|
|2||YYZ – Live In Canada / 1980 Rush||7:43|
Why do drummers use 2 bass drums?
Dave Lombardo said that he used two drums as it allowed each drum to resonate freely for every stroke made and made playing faster easier. However he plays so fast I don’t know how he can notice! Two bass drums is 99% for show and 1% for people that actually want to use different sizes and achieve different tones.
Who is the fastest double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
How far should the beater be from the bass drum?
I’d recommend starting by placing your bass drum pedal into position (there’s usually a slot under your bass drum. Then measure a distance of about 3 inch (about 8 cm) or have your beater set at an angle that’s about 45°.