- 1 Does metal sound good with subs?
- 2 What settings should my amp be on?
- 3 What phase should a subwoofer be set to?
- 4 What amp should I get for my bass?
- 5 Does bass even matter in metal?
- 6 Are subwoofers good for rock music?
- 7 What should I set my LPF and HPF to?
- 8 What should I set my low pass filter to?
- 9 What is phase in subwoofer normal or reverse?
- 10 What is the best placement for a subwoofer?
- 11 What is the best crossover setting for subwoofer?
- 12 Do I need a special amp for a bass?
- 13 What is a good cheap bass amp?
Does metal sound good with subs?
Metal is alot of the higher frequencies. I would concentrate on a nice component set and see if the mids are enough for you, if not, there are literally thoudands of subs /box amp combo’s you can go with. I have them powered by a Clarion 400.2 amp bridged and they hit pretty damn hard without being obnoxious.
What settings should my amp be on?
Getting a Good Clean Tone
- Select your clean channel or turn the gain down if you don’t have multiple channels.
- Turn off all amp effects and effect pedals.
- Bring the bass, mid & treble knobs all to 12 o’clock.
- Keep the gain fairly low and adjust the volume to a suitable level.
- Jam for a while to get a feel for the tone.
What phase should a subwoofer be set to?
Typically, though, phase is left at 0° for most applications. While seated in your listening sweet spot, play music with bass content that is familiar to you and then have someone switch the 0/180 phase switch on the sub to 180-degrees.
What amp should I get for my bass?
Every bass player needs a good practice amp for the house, studio or to simply warm up back stage. Most small bass amps under 25 watts are very similar. Thanks to today’s advanced technology, even a small bass amp can give you a powerful sound that’s loaded with sheer volume and clarity.
Does bass even matter in metal?
The prominent role of the bass is key to the metal sound, and the interplay of bass and distorted electric guitar is a central element of metal. The bass guitar provides the low-end sound crucial to making the music “heavy”. The bass plays a ” more important role in heavy metal than in any other genre of rock.”
Are subwoofers good for rock music?
done right for rock music, subs bring in that bottom octave of the bass guitar and kick drum, so those instruments sound like they should (without overpowering the rest of the mix) and making everything sound deep and full. a proper sub deployment is “hi-fi”.
What should I set my LPF and HPF to?
Recommended Starting Points: Tweeters – High-Pass Filter = 5,000 Hz (12 db or 24 db Slope) Midrange – Band-Pass Filter = 80 Hz HPF & 5,000 Hz LPF (12 db or 24 db Slope)
What should I set my low pass filter to?
As a general rule, the Low – Pass Filter should be set at a value approximately equal to (or below) 70% of your main speaker’s lowest frequency response. For example, your speaker’s frequency response goes down to 43Hz. 70% of 43Hz equals 30.1, so you should set the subwoofer’s low pass filter to 30Hz.
What is phase in subwoofer normal or reverse?
Normal – the subwoofer is ‘in- phase ‘ with the other speakers; ie when the other speakers move in, the subwoofer moves in and when the other speakers move out, the subwoofer moves out. Reverse – 180 degrees out of phase. The subwoofer moves in when the other speakers move out.
What is the best placement for a subwoofer?
Try to keep the sub within 4 or 5 feet of the left or right front speakers. Which leads to my next bit of advice, don’t put the subwoofer in a corner. Granted, there are significant advantages to corner placement, mainly that in a corner the sub will produce more bass, with lower distortion.
What is the best crossover setting for subwoofer?
Tips for Setting the Proper Crossover Frequency of a Subwoofer
- If you know your speaker’s frequency range, set the crossover point roughly 10 Hz above the lowest frequency your speakers can handle cleanly.
- The most common crossover frequency recommended (and the THX standard) is 80 Hz.
Do I need a special amp for a bass?
While guitar amps aren’t designed to handle bass input, it will work. But there is a risk you can damage your guitar amp with a bass at a high volume. Plugging a bass guitar into an amp is simple as both bass and guitar use the same leads. Simply plugging your bass into the guitar amp’s input will work.
What is a good cheap bass amp?
The Best Bass Amps – Combo Under $500
- Hartke HD15.
- Fender Rumble 15 V3.
- Fender Rumble 25 V3.
- Hartke HD25.
- Fender Rumble LT25.
- Fender Rumble 100 V3.
- Kustom KXB100.
- Hartke HD150.