- 1 Does Iron Maiden use double bass?
- 2 Why do some drummers use two bass drums?
- 3 Who is the best double bass drummer?
- 4 Who invented double bass drumming?
- 5 Does Neil Peart use double bass?
- 6 Can you use a double bass pedal as a single?
- 7 Did Bill Ward use double bass?
- 8 What is the best double bass?
- 9 Who makes the best bass drum?
- 10 Should I play bass or drums?
Does Iron Maiden use double bass?
IRON MAIDEN’s NICKO MCBRAIN On Why He Doesn’t Play Double – Bass Drums: ‘I’m Just A Lazy, Old-Fashioned Git’ Australian Musician editor Greg Phillips conducted an interview with IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain at last month’s NAMM show in Anaheim, California. You can now watch the chat below.
Why do some drummers use two bass drums?
Dave Lombardo said that he used two drums as it allowed each drum to resonate freely for every stroke made and made playing faster easier.
Who is the best double bass drummer?
Tim Waterson is a Canadian drummer who holds the world record for the fastest number of double strokes on a bass drum using a double pedal, with a record of 1,407 in one minute (January 22, 2002).
Who invented double bass drumming?
The first person to use and popularize the double bass drum setup was jazz drummer Louie Bellson, who came up with the idea when he was still in high school.
Does Neil Peart use double bass?
Yes, he uses a DW double pedal.
Can you use a double bass pedal as a single?
You can play a double pedal as a single but you can ‘t play double on a single pedal.
Did Bill Ward use double bass?
Bill Ward – Into the Void drum track ( listen to the double bass @ 3:12) That double bass section you pointed out is awesome sounding. It’s slow, like I can envision him individually stomping down on each bass pedal alternatively. Also cool that it is split between left and right speakers.
What is the best double bass?
11 Best Double Bass Reviews / Best Upright Bass & Best Double Bass Brands
- 6) Palatino VB-004-3/4 Crack Resistant Bass.
- 7) Cecilio CDB-200 Size 3/4 Flamed Upright Double Bass.
- 8) Cremona SB-2 Premier Novice Upright Bass.
- 9) Merano MB100 4/4 Size Student String Bass.
- 11) Engelhardt ES9 Swingmaster Double Bass.
Who makes the best bass drum?
|Yamaha Stage Custom Birch 18×15||solid drum made with a complete birch shell, great tone|
|Pearl Vision Birch Bass Drum||tone is very well balanced matched with low-end projection|
|Evans EMAD2 Clear Bass Drum Head||sound produced is very moving, you’ll want to keep playing all day long|
Should I play bass or drums?
Ultimately, You Should Try Playing Both Drums and Bass Whether you play bass or drums, you can’t go wrong, as both are excellent instruments that are a lot of fun. Studies have shown that playing an instrument has many neurological benefits too.